Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Guest Trevor008

What a joke the TRA are. Absolute terrible system. My friend is waiting since June on his outcome letter. Everytime he calls they have no information at all on his application. He is currently in Australia.

My OH is waiting to get a 457 and TRA wont even give him any information on his application. We will probably have to leave Australia before they get his assessment done. They will only confirm they have received the application and that he is in a queue to be assessed. There is a directors meeting once a month and that is when the applications are either rejected or declined. Once a month is totally ridiculous. They have a massive backlog.

For a country with such a shortage of tradies you would never think it by looking at their systems to get them working in their field.

Is there any way to put pressure on them to hurry it up? Its a joke altogether.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all

I finally sent off our review docs today! When I realised last night that it had to be in by FRI, panic, panic last night and this morning and sent it by courier this afternoon phew!!! So fingers crossed common sense will prevail and we will get a successful outcome some time this year! How long have any of you been waiting on reviews?

Hey all

I finally sent off our review docs today! When I realised last night that it had to be in by FRI, panic, panic last night and this morning and sent it by courier this afternoon phew!!! So fingers crossed common sense will prevail and we will get a successful outcome some time this year! How long have any of you been waiting on reviews?

Hi caz

I have recently reviewed my tra case and we got a successful result within 3 weeks :) so you won't have to wait to long now , good luck

HI all,

I've just sent my docs off to TRA and I thought I'd fulfilled all the requirements but now having read this thread I'm not so sure. I'm only applying for MSA at present and I have included P60's but not payslips, I've been in employment for the whole time I'm claiming and have employers statements to testify this. I read the TRA PDF file and I didn't see that payslips were mandatory, I only have payslips for the last year or two at best.

I'm lucky in the fact that I have a friend in Brisbane who I sent all my stuff off to and she's put an Aussie bank check on it and forwarded it registered so I know it's been received. Does anyone know at present how long TRA are taking to assess and turn out decisions?

I've not yet taken on an agent, my friend already over there said hers was pants and actually slowed things up. TRA did give me some advice along the way and I secured an AQF to help.

Surely though for initial MSA all that's important is my qualifications?

Edited by Gareth 666

Sent ours off on Friday for first assessment - thought I would be relieved, but now more anxious than ever!!!

The solicitor who certified all of our papers in the UK said he had a good read through as it was the first he had done for Oz. He has done lots for Canada & NZ. He said he thought we had been very detailed and he thought we had "proved" OH's qualifications and experience, so let's hope TRA feel the same way. Once I explained to him the hoops we had jumped through to get to this stage, he felt obliged to write his own letter to TRA explaining his qualifications to prove he could certify the documents.

I thought this was very kind of him, but you gotta laugh!!!!

Well our docs are finally in the hands of TRA - haven't heard from them but tracking parcel through DHL couriers. My stomach feels sick everytime I think of it! DH is ready to give up if we don't pass this time!

At least you know they have it Hon:biggrin:

Bloody typical- just checked the online tracking with Parcelforce (for the fourth time today) and it still says ours is still en route:mad:So much for guaranteed delivery in four days!!!

At least you know they have it Hon:biggrin:

Bloody typical- just checked the online tracking with Parcelforce (for the fourth time today) and it still says ours is still en route:mad:So much for guaranteed delivery in four days!!!

I know what you mean. I used Airsure, supposed to take 5 working days but took 7. Thing is I had my AQF certificate issued in Adelaide and they sent it on a Monday and I got it Thursday the same week! Got to love our postal service.:P

Hi everyone :)

Just a quick question for you guys, can you tell me if i got email from TRA that my application has been assessed and was finalised on 10/09/2012 and an outcome letter was posted to the Agent address nominated on your application, is that mean i can only find out if its successful or not whenever i get the letter?

Thanks

12 weeks to be re-assessed after they have original papers. Oh Dear Lord, I reckon we are in for a longer wait than I had anticipated. On your Appl to TRA Isabella, did you say you wanted to be contacted by post or email? We ticked the email box on the form, I cannot be fannying about waiting for the postal system. Failing that if you cannot wait to receive the letter, can your call them and ask them your reference number and then check online yourself?

Keeping everything crossed for a positive result:biggrin:

12 weeks to be re-assessed after they have original papers. Oh Dear Lord, I reckon we are in for a longer wait than I had anticipated. On your Appl to TRA Isabella, did you say you wanted to be contacted by post or email? We ticked the email box on the form, I cannot be fannying about waiting for the postal system. Failing that if you cannot wait to receive the letter, can your call them and ask them your reference number and then check online yourself?

Keeping everything crossed for a positive result:biggrin:

Hi candygirl,

My wife's TRA was unsuccessful first time round as our agent hadn't provided enough information. When we submitted that info it was finalised within 2 days, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Im in the exact same situation and was wondering if I was the only one too. Mine was lodged in January, the first stage, and still nothing. Its driving me mental. My immigration adviser says its because of such a huge influx of people applying late last year. And now Im reading horrible things about the fact they are getting rid of visa subclass 176! Please let me know if it has gone through yet and what visa class you have applied for x

I think I have confused you all, apologies. We have just submitted our papers to TRA for the first time. I was reponding to Izabela's post about her re-submission which took 12 weeks. I thought if a re-submission takes 12 weeks then it must be a lot longer for us Guys who have only just submitted for the first time.

Re the 176 visa - this is now a 190 visa, so has not disappeared.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since we first submitted our application in March, we got an unsuccessful outcome mid June, re submitted on 2nd Aug and just logged in to see a successful outcome!!! Can't quite believe it, had pretty much convinced ourselves we weren't going to get through! Fingers crossed for all those of you that are still waiting, I feel your pain!!!