Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Brilliant , congrats, are you about to lodge your EOI now? Might even go through quicker than 176 visas that were lodged in June, you must be over the moon Ali

Hi Ali,

We've filled our EOI in, just waiting for the TRA outcome letter to arrive as we need the reference number then we can submit it.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a response from TRA and it is not good news. They are still insisting on a 5 year supervised period which we don't have and will never and my husband has only been self employed following his training in the UK. They don't recognise his training in the UK and even though he has an AQF III through RPL.

I really don't know what to do now. I feel so sick!!!:cry:

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting, they should give out medals as well as a positive assessment to get through TRA:mad:

We have had a response from TRA and it is not good news. They are still insisting on a 5 year supervised period which we don't have and will never and my husband has only been self employed following his training in the UK. They don't recognise his training in the UK and even though he has an AQF III through RPL.

I really don't know what to do now. I feel so sick!!!:cry:

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting, they should give out medals as well as a positive assessment to get through TRA:mad:

Sorry to hear that, have you tried speaking to a decent agent for any ideas on ways round it?

Have you tried George lambert who posts on here?

My husband thought of him as he had read good things about him in the past.

I don't really think an agent can get us through TRA. TRA's reluctance to change the 5 year supervised rule is not going to change and OH is 42 so too old to get a job and work for the 5 years required.

An agent could get us a visa on an RSMS or a 457, but we need to find a sponsor first.

Thanks Paul. I will send George Lambert a message, you never know.

Well the last 24 hours have been very active in the Webb household!

Received our TRA outcome letter by email this morning, so submitted our EOI. Spoke to VIC as we already have our SS approved, emailed them a copy of the TRA outcome letter & our EOI reference number. They say they will inform DIAC of this which should help with our EOI.

Feel like my feet haven't touched the ground since yesterday afternoon!

Guest Illumanati2

My TRA is still missing in the post..spoke to TRA and they dont have it....My uncles parcel arrived safely but no TRA ( sent at same time, both to Canberra).....I feel a bit stupid not sending it recorded or tracked now...I did read somewhere I could not track it to a PO BOX number thats why I never :(....the thought of putting all that info together again along with the cost is gutting........gonna ring again monday / tuesday just incase it turns up but wishful thinking !!!

Hi Ali,

We've filled our EOI in, just waiting for the TRA outcome letter to arrive as we need the reference number then we can submit it.

That's such good news the roller coaster ride continues, our has come to a dead holt, we have filed with DIAC should have received a CO by now but along with everyone else who filed in June we have not heard a thing and have now read on the DIAC site that skillselect are taking priority over 176 visas - it is so frustrating they have our money then change the rules overnight !!! Good luck with your EOI we will all get there in the end ! Ali

Hi Our agent ( Darren Chatt) as far as I am concerned got us through the TRA, we filled in the TRA form which our agent said no no no, we thought it was brilliant but apparently it was not ! It was all in the wording , we initially wanted to apply under avionics but even though that is John's job here Darren advised that we did not apply under avionics so we went under electronics trade worker as Johns skills set fitted that better. What I liked about Darren there was no BS he told us what he could do and did it. Wish you the best of luck, this whole process is so stressful and frustrating , I want to write to DIAC to complain however I am weary as I do not want to affected out application, I am fuming that they have changed their processing priorites . Ali

My husband thought of him as he had read good things about him in the past.

I don't really think an agent can get us through TRA. TRA's reluctance to change the 5 year supervised rule is not going to change and OH is 42 so too old to get a job and work for the 5 years required.

An agent could get us a visa on an RSMS or a 457, but we need to find a sponsor first.

Thanks Paul. I will send George Lambert a message, you never know.

Guest cearadownunder

Hi All!

I new to this and think this site will really help both me and my partner! We are applying for skilled independent migration. We are getting results of IELTS this Friday so hoping that goes well and then we will submit our skills assessment to TRA and hope that it will be successful. Can someone please help us with regards to documents submitted to TRA. My partner was technically self employed but worked for a small family run business and got paid cash in hand. How can we prove his paid employment with no bank statements to show or tax returns as he didnt make enough every year to submit one?

Hi All!

I new to this and think this site will really help both me and my partner! We are applying for skilled independent migration. We are getting results of IELTS this Friday so hoping that goes well and then we will submit our skills assessment to TRA and hope that it will be successful. Can someone please help us with regards to documents submitted to TRA. My partner was technically self employed but worked for a small family run business and got paid cash in hand. How can we prove his paid employment with no bank statements to show or tax returns as he didnt make enough every year to submit one?

Hi, Good Luck with your IELTS. They really seem to scrutinise self employed workers for obvious reasons. If you are employed they want P60s and payslips for each year you are claiming. If you are self employed you will need to produce tax returns, a business certificate and a letter from your accountant. All I can think is that the owner of the business provides you with a stat dec saying you were employed and for how long. I know for the skills assessment I remember reading that they may accept voluntary work as experience, but I think this would be a problem for DIAC. TBH, I would either speak to TRA direct or consult with a migration agent who is proficient with TRA and their idiosyncrasies. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.....

Well after receiving an unsuccessful outcome for the second time round and finding out that he reason it did not go through this time was because payslips were not included, which is now compulsory and must be sent in. These are something we have to hand and feel that our agent should have know to have submitted these to show proof of employment. Why did she not do this .......!!!!!!!

We decided to contact TRA ourselves some set the alarm to wake us up, got through straight away and spoke to a very helpful lady. Who explained why it was unsuccessful and said that our agent really should have know this and should have ask us for the payslips.

We then contacted our agent and told her we had spoken to TRA and that they had said she should have know to send them in. Oh and when I say contact I mean by email as this is how all the correspondence has been done as she is impossible to get hold of on the phone and when we do leave a message to call us back she just emails us.

We got an email back saying she is not happy that we spoke to them and has now told us she will be terminating our contract as we have apparently gone behind her back.....!!!!! Umm I dnt think we have at all we just wanted answers...

This agent has been an absolute joke and waste of time since the beginning, I really feel I should name and shame this company, oh and to also add our agent is the managing director.....!!!!! We have contacted our credit card company as a few weeks ago she mad us pay half of the completion fee we were supposed to pay at the end to prepare the next step this was £300 and now with her terminating contract we have not received this service so we feel we should be owed this back. We'll see...!!!

After all this I feel having an agent especially this one was a waste of time and we will now be doing it on our own.

Anyway hope all of you are well... Must say this thread has been such a great help and it's good to know we're not alone.. Good luck everyone.... Hopefully we will all be down under soon enough :)

:hug:Sorry to hear Shafer. Perhaps you are better off doing things yourself. Payslips have been compulsory for a long long time and your agent really should have known this. We are self employed and we knew that you had to produce payslips. Oh if only we could just do that - would make life a lot simpler!!!

Who was your agent? I am not sure what the Mod's stance is on this, but surely if the same agent is giving duff advice they need to be named and shamed. Everyone makes mistakes, an apology would have been nice, but do not agree that they should have terminated your agreement.

Personally, I am shocked at some of the advice provided by some agents. I have contacted a few. I agree that we are not an "easy" case, but the information that we have been told is wrong and they should know what they are talking. They are supposed to be the experts. This is the first time for a lot of people. Having said that, not all agents are the same and there are some really good ones

Finger's crossed we have found a couple of good agents (recommended by PIO'ers) who are helping us so we are keeping everything crossed that they can achieve a good result for us.

Good Luck.

Guest cearadownunder

Hi All

So we successfully passed the IELTS got an overall 8, the next big hurdle is the TRA assessment. Im really worried now because we dont have payslips either as my o/h was a self employed painter and worked for a very small family business and simply didnt do payslips!! We have tax returns summarys and declarations etc from employer and accountant will that not be enough? How do they expect you to show payslips if you are self employed I dont understand?

Hi All

So we successfully passed the IELTS got an overall 8, the next big hurdle is the TRA assessment. Im really worried now because we dont have payslips either as my o/h was a self employed painter and worked for a very small family business and simply didnt do payslips!! We have tax returns summarys and declarations etc from employer and accountant will that not be enough? How do they expect you to show payslips if you are self employed I dont understand?

If your husband has been self employed he will not need payslips. If you read TRA's Guidelines, I think it is either 2.8.3 or 2.8.6 (sorry cannot remember which one) it will state what they expect to receive from self employed applicants.

Good Luck.

If your husband has been self employed he will not need payslips. If you read TRA's Guidelines, I think it is either 2.8.3 or 2.8.6 (sorry cannot remember which one) it will state what they expect to receive from self employed applicants.

Good Luck.

Hey Candygirl

Quick questin when you sent your payslips to TRA did you send original or photo copy's ? And do you have to certify both original and copies ?? Thanks

Hey Candygirl

Quick questin when you sent your payslips to TRA did you send original or photo copy's ? And do you have to certify both original and copies ?? Thanks

We have not sent anything to TRA yet (only emails). As my OH is self employed we do not need to send payslips. We have to produce tax returns, letter from accountant and business registration certificate etc.

You will need to send photocopies, but they must be certified. You don't need to send both. A certified copy is a copy of an original document which states that it is a copy of the original, that is why it has to be stamped and signed by an official.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say hi and sorry i seem to be asent from this hread for a while it was not because OH got his TRA just that I was writing my dissertation. Thats all handed in now so I'm Back!

Tina

Welcome back Honey. Good Luck with the dissertation. Keeping everything crossed for you xxx