OMG...how can the wiggle's possible be compared to the rolling stone's!!!!!!!

Splash77

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Hi 5 still exist - they were on the TV Carols by Candlelight from Melbourne on Christmas Eve. I've never seen the doodlebops.

They still exist but I think by now they must into about the 5th generation. Not sure what the producers do with them when they get too old (>25), perhaps put them into a mincing machine to recycle the protein for the next batch?

Guest guest57588
I had never heard of the Wiggles until I got to Oz. They look creepy to me

It's the 'Star Trek' uniforms. Very dated in 2012. Ah, but is it 2012 in Oz, or forever 1973?

Guest guest57588
WOW. it gets better...JIMMY BARNS, JOHN FARNHAM...OMG..WHO ARE THEY?... I THINK THEY ARE ONLY FAMOUS IN VICTORIA ARNT THEY...erm patriotic come's to mind......SORRY HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BEATLE'S? DERRRRRR..

SORRY I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT KYLIE....WHAT A JOKE!:laugh:

Maaaate, they're legends. Besides we don't want your era-defining, iconoclastic Pommy sh*t round here, we want rocking 'Strayan sounds. Cold Chisel anyone?

Guest guest57588
They are probably about 3 or 4 which is the target market for the Wiggles.

And, judging by some of the written English round these parts, I'm so glad I did have an Aussie education.:wink:

Ooh, harsh.

Guest guest57588
The day the Wiggles are arrested for massive drug intake, parties involving a piano thrown through the window, and climbing a coconut tree and then falling rendering one of them unconscious is the day they will be as big as the Stones.:laugh:

They have been going years, and were often god send to my little un when we were out there, it's just a shame they dress like Star Trek.

I've heard stories about Anthony which suggest he's less than the dedicated family man he makes out. Think hotel rooms, lap-dancers and Bolivian Marching Powder. It's not all fruit salad y'know!

Guest guest57588
Maybe Dorothy gets her colour from eating Wiggles Soylent Green.

Wins prize for best and most obscure post of the week!

Guest guest57588
Yes, Hi 5 still exist - they were on the TV Carols by Candlelight from Melbourne on Christmas Eve. I've never seen the doodlebops.

I hope that they were suitably attired?. The last time I saw one of the chicks from HI-5 was in a gentleman's magazine where she had forgotten her shell-suite and trainers.

WOW. it gets better...JIMMY BARNS, JOHN FARNHAM...OMG..WHO ARE THEY?... I THINK THEY ARE ONLY FAMOUS IN VICTORIA ARNT THEY...erm patriotic come's to mind......SORRY HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BEATLE'S? DERRRRRR..

SORRY I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT KYLIE....WHAT A JOKE!:laugh:

farnham is a pom .....barnes is scottish ......and they were in the news when we left in 94 :biglaugh:......havent they moved on over there ?

farnham is a pom .....barnes is scottish ......and they were in the news when we left in 94 :biglaugh:......havent they moved on over there ?

No still on the news..its not that i dont like them..i love there music, its just why would they come 1st & 2nd in a best music poll? have they heard of oasis..! now thats rock n roll.. does that make AC/DC an english band then..coz there all from england..mark evans the bassist, was the only (australian born) to be in the band untill he got re-placed by cliff williams in 1977...bon scott was a scott...& so are malcom & angus young...and the singer, Well hes a good old geordie! mmm confused to as why australia have claimed them? just another great rock band from "good old blighty" .....

Guest guest57588
No still on the news..its not that i dont like them..i love there music, its just why would they come 1st & 2nd in a best music poll? have they heard of oasis..! now thats rock n roll.. does that make AC/DC an english band then..coz there all from england..mark evans the bassist, was the only (australian born) to be in the band untill he got re-placed by cliff williams in 1977...bon scott was a scott...& so are malcom & angus young...and the singer, Well hes a good old geordie! mmm confused to as why australia have claimed them? just another great rock band from "good old blighty" .....

Mate, are you trying to say that we Australians celebrate some kind of insecure, parochial mono-culture where we elevate everything 'Strayan above the clearly inferior sh*te that the rest of the world tries to force upon us?. Or are you trying to suggest that we're so desperate for cultural relevance that we'll brazenly steal aspects of other countries culture and then big it up as 'Strayan, and therefore bigger and better than anything the rest of the world can offer?

How dare you. We Australians would never stoop so low. :mad:

[/b]

Mate, are you trying to say that we Australians celebrate some kind of insecure, parochial mono-culture where we elevate everything 'Strayan above the clearly inferior sh*te that the rest of the world tries to force upon us?. Or are you trying to suggest that we're so desperate for cultural relevance that we'll brazenly steal aspects of other countries culture and then big it up as 'Strayan, and therefore bigger and better than anything the rest of the world can offer?

How dare you. We Australians would never stoop so low. :mad:

Yeah..I am!

I LOVE the Wiggles!! and if you think the Wiggles are creepy, you ought to see the Wiggles dress up outfit my little boy has (mask included!) it looks more like something out of scream than Murray Wiggle!! Unfortunately, we missed Greg when he had to step down, bless him (hope you're well Greg!!) The Wiggles was one of those DVDs that was played over and over in my house when my kids were little!! Alongside Auntie Mabel in Come outside, do you remember that one, with Pippin the dog and the spotty plane!!

he he he

:biggrin:

I LOVE the Wiggles!! and if you think the Wiggles are creepy, you ought to see the Wiggles dress up outfit my little boy has (mask included!) it looks more like something out of scream than Murray Wiggle!! Unfortunately, we missed Greg when he had to step down, bless him (hope you're well Greg!!) The Wiggles was one of those DVDs that was played over and over in my house when my kids were little!! Alongside Auntie Mabel in Come outside, do you remember that one, with Pippin the dog and the spotty plane!!

he he he

:biggrin:

Greg is now well and has again donned his yellow skivvy to take up his role as the yellow wiggle. He has made a comeback. :ssign19:

Greg is now well and has again donned his yellow skivvy to take up his role as the yellow wiggle. He has made a comeback. :ssign19:

So cool!! It might just be worth watching again!! except of course the kids are too old to watch it now, and although I loved the Wiggles, I think that might just be a step too far for me to sit and watch them on my own!!!!:happy_face_mummy_go

Archived