OMG...how can the wiggle's possible be compared to the rolling stone's!!!!!!!

Splash77

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wiggles rock. I think Hot Potato is my favourite number, closely followed by Fruit Salad.

They make $50M a year so I ain't going to knock them.

When we first got here there was a poll on the radio to find the best recording artist ever. John Farnham won, Jimmy Barnes came second, Elvis came third. I suppose its a bit like all those polls that Robbie Williams used to come second in.

The Wiggles rock. I think Hot Potato is my favourite number, closely followed by Fruit Salad.

They make $50M a year so I ain't going to knock them.

When we first got here there was a poll on the radio to find the best recording artist ever. John Farnham won, Jimmy Barnes came second, Elvis came third. I suppose its a bit like all those polls that Robbie Williams used to come second in.

WOW. it gets better...JIMMY BARNS, JOHN FARNHAM...OMG..WHO ARE THEY?... I THINK THEY ARE ONLY FAMOUS IN VICTORIA ARNT THEY...erm patriotic come's to mind......SORRY HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BEATLE'S? DERRRRRR..

SORRY I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT KYLIE....WHAT A JOKE!:laugh:

Guest tandcmum

:laugh: the days of wiggles in my household are long gone, but they were huge even back a few years when my kids were little, and not only in Oz they are huge all over the world too, we used to watch them on Nick jr and I believe they have even done some performances in walt disney world and places like that. Have to admit they are a bit creepy though . My fave number was always 'wheres Jeff'!!!!!

I have just heard on channel 9 that the WIGGLE'S ARE AS BIG AS THE ROLLING STONE'S! OH PLEASE..

How can this possibly be?

that has just put the iceing on the cake cake for me....

"IM A POMM GET ME OUT OF HERE" :cry:

Quite easily, IMHO the Rollings Stones are... well I don't to lower the tone.

I have just heard on channel 9 that the WIGGLE'S ARE AS BIG AS THE ROLLING STONE'S! OH PLEASE..

How can this possibly be?

The Wiggles started in 1991. There are about 300,000 babies born each year in Australia and kids LOVE the Wiggles - so they've had a fan base of nearly 6 million people - 3 year olds ARE people in Australia and do get counted in statistics- in those 20 years. Not to mention the USA, UK, Canada, and South American countries where they are really big.

Note the wording was "AS BIG AS" - not AS GOOD AS.

If you are not aware of the amount of money spent on Wiggles stuff, compared to Rolling Stones stuff, then you are obviously far removed from the world of children today.

JIMMY BARNS, JOHN FARNHAM...OMG..WHO ARE THEY?... I THINK THEY ARE ONLY FAMOUS IN VICTORIA ARNT THEY...erm patriotic come's to mind......SORRY HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BEATLE'S? DERRRRRR..

They are both Poms, actually...well Barnes is a Scot. No, they are not only famous in Victoria. They have both done very well both in the US and Europe.

A lot has happened since the Beatles. Of course we've heard of them - their 1964 tour of Australia was a raging, hysterical success.

I wouldn't like to upset you but I suspect Kylie has always been more popular in the UK than in Australia.

And you're very welcome to her.

I didn't know who she was until I kept getting questions about her from Poms when I was in the UK in 1988.

I wouldn't like to upset you but I suspect Kylie has always been more popular in the UK than in Australia.

And you're very welcome to her.

I didn't know who she was until I kept getting questions about her from Poms when I was in the UK in 1988.

:biglaugh:No ta...Id rather not.

HOW OLD ARE THEY? They must be under the age of 11...unless, "i guess thats aussie education for you"....poor them!

They are probably about 3 or 4 which is the target market for the Wiggles.

And, judging by some of the written English round these parts, I'm so glad I did have an Aussie education.:wink:

WOW. it gets better...JIMMY BARNS, JOHN FARNHAM...OMG..WHO ARE THEY?... I THINK THEY ARE ONLY FAMOUS IN VICTORIA ARNT THEY...erm patriotic come's to mind......SORRY HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BEATLE'S? DERRRRRR..

Chill out. You'll live longer.

I too find the wiggles extremely creepy ! Way past middle aged men dressed like something from the star ship enterprise ! Would you let them babysit ??? I

If I could make as much money as they have doing what they do I could handle dressing like that. Regardless of whether you like them or not you have to admit they have been very successful. :laugh:

I too find the wiggles extremely creepy ! Way past middle aged men dressed like something from the star ship enterprise ! Would you let them babysit ??? I

They weren't middle aged men when they started 20 years ago.:tongue:

Lots of way past middle aged men look creepy.:wink:

They were trained as preschool teachers. Not likely to accept baby sitting rates nowadays, though.

They weren't middle aged men when they started 20 years ago.:tongue:

Lots of way past middle aged men look creepy.:wink:

They were trained as preschool teachers. Not likely to accept baby sitting rates nowadays, though.

Why do you feel the need to defend the wiggles?

Why do you feel the need to defend the wiggles?

They are entertainers for 3 year olds - who don't find them creepy, who don't care if they look like middle aged men from the star ship Enterprise and who would think they were in heaven if they babysat for them.

They've saved the sanity of many a mother for an hour or two...and anyone who can sell tickets for $500 for a childrens' concert at Madison Square Gardens knows their audience.

Archived