QLD Health Not sponsoring nurses?

jamesnparry

Hi Jamesnparry.

I've not heard of this, I'd be surprised considering how many vacancies there are? Maybe give them a ring to hear it straight from the horse's mouth? I am under the impression that it is much easier to get a PR visa if you applied whilst already in Oz (though 176 is offshore) and a lot quicker.

Guest lkquick

I've got a post with queensland health that I found through the SEEK website, however I have not been able to get any help with moving costs and expenses etc at all, I was told it was only available for very specific posts. Having said that, the job I've got is one that really suits my skills and with the increased wages etc decided to fund the move myself anyway.

What it comes down to is individual NUMs needing to know that if they interview, then the applicant will finally arrive here..............which they haven't been doing in regards to two public hospitals in the brisbane area. It may not be an "official" policy throughout the SE Corner, but I know of four NUMs who won't even consider sponsorship due to them being "let down" by "no shows". The Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane is definitely (officially) "non-sponsoring" but regional centres are open to it. I know that Nambour Hospital has sponsored recently as has Townsville.

I've got a post with queensland health that I found through the SEEK website, however I have not been able to get any help with moving costs and expenses etc at all, I was told it was only available for very specific posts. Having said that, the job I've got is one that really suits my skills and with the increased wages etc decided to fund the move myself anyway.

Cheers. Did they sponsor you or are you independant?

Hi Ikquick.

Did you wait for your AHPRA registration to come through before you applied to QLD health? Are you going on a 176 or 457 visa?

What it comes down to is individual NUMs needing to know that if they interview, then the applicant will finally arrive here..............which they haven't been doing in regards to two public hospitals in the brisbane area. It may not be an "official" policy throughout the SE Corner, but I know of four NUMs who won't even consider sponsorship due to them being "let down" by "no shows". The Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane is definitely (officially) "non-sponsoring" but regional centres are open to it. I know that Nambour Hospital has sponsored recently as has Townsville.

Can't blame them for being cautious especially if they've been stung. Guess its down to me to convince them of my integrity and determination to settle in qld. Don't want the bright lights of Brisbane or the Gold Coast, want space and tranquility. Hoping that will work in my favour as well. Final thought... what will be will be, if its meant to happen.. it will.

Guest tandcmum

I think QLD health are still sponsoring nurses but only really for the regional areas. I must say that the amount of ads in nursing standard for nurses for oz has really gone down over the past year. I think it is still worth putting an expression of interest into QLD health but it might be worth looking at the regional areas. There are also still the private hospitals which are still sponsoring as ar as i know

Queensland has to hold a State election in the next little while. Traditionally there are no major recruitment drives during the campaign, as it is considered unfair on any incoming government.

Queensland Health is also in the beginning stages of a restructure, so that will also be a brake on recruitment

Queensland has to hold a State election in the next little while. Traditionally there are no major recruitment drives during the campaign, as it is considered unfair on any incoming government.

Queensland Health is also in the beginning stages of a restructure, so that will also be a brake on recruitment

Not what I want to hear but thank you for the post. I've been keeping abrest of all the problems with qld health and the subsequent decision to disband it. Kinda hoped that with the new hospital coming to the sunny coast around 2016 that they would still prioritise recruitment of health staff. Like I said in an earlier post, down to me to sell myself and maybe accept that I'll have to be a little more remote than I'd already resigned myself to. Can't do any of that though until the lovely lady at ahpra gets off her behind and deals with the application she admits has been on her desk since last september!!!!!!!! ' Nothing worth having is easy.... nothing worth having is easy.... nothing worth having is easy.....

Archived