Thinking about going home.

ghost

Hehe, I posted the exact same thing on another thread and it's so true isn't it? All we can do is the best we can at the time based on the knowledge we have. As we gain new knowledge and experience we do our best again.

I knew I seen the comment somewhere CrimsonPetal, hope you don't mind me using it BUT it sums up Australia!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are some amazing walks to be done around the country. I love walking on Dartmoor and Exmoor, and the coast path along the north Devon coast.

We are off to north Wales in a few weeks, Snowdonia way, and plan to do loads of walking and cycling around the mountains and hills. And were in Cornwall last year and did some fab walks.

Hope to get to the Lake District next year as Aus hubby hasn't been there yet and its on his wish list of places to visit before we head off for Aus.

Hi snifter,

where abouts are you from

we live in mid Devon and often go to dartmoor, like to o to woolacombe as well on good days.

one hour plus drive though

Ian

The difference between a 12 month friendship and a 28yr friendship (my best mate) is the length of time you can go without speaking before it fizzles out!! I speak to my Uk bestie about every 3 or 4 months for a proper marathon chat, its always like we spoke yesterday...when it goes that long here you know its not there....Ive had several fledgling friendships fizzle out here....I agree with CP, Im not trying to replace my best mates and the good friends I have here..our friendships are still building....

If you're happy with superficial friendships you can have 20 friends in 12 months but I like my friendships a bit deeper...I need to 'know' my mates.

I have one very best friend in the world ~ 25 years now

A few years before I moved here, she moved to the other end of the country, so we didnt get to see each other much anyway, but the same, whenever we chat/skype, its like we spoke yesterday

I will never lose touch with her, she is as good as my Family ~ Been through everything together

Its lovely to make new friends, but they are 'lifestage' friends, people ive met through different stages of my life & that doesnt always mean you keep in touch when that stage of your life has changed

I knew I seen the comment somewhere CrimsonPetal, hope you don't mind me using it BUT it sums up Australia!

Lol, of course I don't mind. I didn't trademark it, lol. Yeah, it does sum it up though doesn't it? You've just got to do your best and go for the best at any given moment. :yes:

Update:-

Wife is still really happy to be home despite the endless rain, and is enjoying decorating our house.

my daughter , who left the uk 3/4 through her hairdressing apprentiship and couldn't get anyone to take her on here above year one, has walked straight back into another salon who will take her on where she left off. My other two daughters are "well Jel" that her sister is home and they are here. I'm enjoying being here as a full time dad, and have realised how much my wife does for us all. I am a dab hand with the iPhone , but th iRon was a bit alien to me. I'm learning how to use all these things and a enjoying cooking all the meals for us all. Promise I will try to do more when I get home :-)

Hi Crimsonpetal,

Hope you don't think I am being nosy, but I just wondered if you have got any plans to go home, if so, when and whereabouts are you from?

Have you got lots of commitments here like a bought house etc?

We are in a rented house so plan to just save, save, save for a while to make it as easy as poss to go back and hopefully buy a house. Got 2 cars to sell too.

Danielle xx

Lol, of course I don't mind. I didn't trademark it, lol. Yeah, it does sum it up though doesn't it? You've just got to do your best and go for the best at any given moment. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I would encourage everyone thinking of leaving Oz to stay long enough to get your citizenship. Homesickness for familiar faces, places and things soon wears off and then you realize you have made a big mistake and wish you were back in OZ.

I would encourage everyone thinking of leaving Oz to stay long enough to get your citizenship. Homesickness for familiar faces, places and things soon wears off and then you realize you have made a big mistake and wish you were back in OZ.

blanket statement of the month award

Update:-

Wife is still really happy to be home despite the endless rain, and is enjoying decorating our house.

my daughter , who left the uk 3/4 through her hairdressing apprentiship and couldn't get anyone to take her on here above year one, has walked straight back into another salon who will take her on where she left off. My other two daughters are "well Jel" that her sister is home and they are here. I'm enjoying being here as a full time dad, and have realised how much my wife does for us all. I am a dab hand with the iPhone , but th iRon was a bit alien to me. I'm learning how to use all these things and a enjoying cooking all the meals for us all. Promise I will try to do more when I get home :-)

Just hope the missus doesn't log on and read this Ghost!!

Hi snifter,

where abouts are you from

we live in mid Devon and often go to dartmoor, like to o to woolacombe as well on good days.

one hour plus drive though

Ian

Croyde ....all day long ....my favourite place on the planet .....every easter

I've actually just seen this post, so apologies for the late reply.

In a nutshell, we did have plans to return to the UK, yes, after almost six years in Perth. And we do have our own house here also.

Things have changed recently though and we are now staying in Australia. I will 'never say never' to a return to the UK but it's not for now imo.

Hi Crimsonpetal,

Hope you don't think I am being nosy, but I just wondered if you have got any plans to go home, if so, when and whereabouts are you from?

Have you got lots of commitments here like a bought house etc?

We are in a rented house so plan to just save, save, save for a while to make it as easy as poss to go back and hopefully buy a house. Got 2 cars to sell too.

Danielle xx

Archived