APHRA & 457, help!

tomabbie

Have got a job as a midwife in Perth and they are sponsoring me on a 457 visa, have filled my visa application online and have evrything ready to upload except my confirmation of registration from the APHRA (which I'm still waiting for). This may seem like a daft question but do I have to upload the APHRA confirmation or can I just put my NMC proof of registration on, its the only thing holding my application up!

Sorry if its been asked before.

Kirstie :confused:

Guest rachie27

i was offered a job on a 457 without ahpra. it has to be your ahpra eligibility just email the visa people and tell them you are awaiting ahpra they will process your visa as much as they can. once you have your letter uploaded and the visa will be granted.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Have got a job as a midwife in Perth and they are sponsoring me on a 457 visa, have filled my visa application online and have evrything ready to upload except my confirmation of registration from the APHRA (which I'm still waiting for). This may seem like a daft question but do I have to upload the APHRA confirmation or can I just put my NMC proof of registration on, its the only thing holding my application up!

Sorry if its been asked before.

Kirstie :confused:

Hi

I am in the same situation as you. Yes you can start your visa application before your AHPRA eligibility comes through. They will start to process the VISA with the information they have and then they will finalise or grant the visa once you have sent them your AHPRA eligibility. This is why you her some people say their visa application for 457 took 6 months to be finalised, its because most of the time they will be waiting for one thing only..THE AHPRA eligibility confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...

My visa nominator advised me that.... 'Immigration has imposed a 28-day time limit on all 457 visa applications, i.e., the applicant has to have all documentation lodged within 28 days of their submitting their application. Immigration is therefore advising that applicants should complete and have received medical documents, police clearance certificates and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) before applying for a 457 visa.'

I thought this meant that i couldn't start my visa application or begin uploading my docs as im still awating my ahpra registration. Can I start my application now without initiating my 28 days time limit?

My visa nominator advised me that.... 'Immigration has imposed a 28-day time limit on all 457 visa applications, i.e., the applicant has to have all documentation lodged within 28 days of their submitting their application. Immigration is therefore advising that applicants should complete and have received medical documents, police clearance certificates and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) before applying for a 457 visa.'

I thought this meant that i couldn't start my visa application or begin uploading my docs as im still awating my ahpra registration. Can I start my application now without initiating my 28 days time limit?

Thia is obviously asomething new, although I thought they did not encourage front loading medicals anymore. I thought the 28 day rule meant that once you start scannong your documents you can only save the application for 28 days before actually lodging your application otherwise you have to start afresh. I think this may be what the nominator was trying to advise. My nomination jsut came through 2 weeks ago and my nominator seems not to be aware of this. If i find out more info i will post it on here.

Maybe this is different in different states because my application is in Victoria.

Thia is obviously asomething new, although I thought they did not encourage front loading medicals anymore. I thought the 28 day rule meant that once you start scannong your documents you can only save the application for 28 days before actually lodging your application otherwise you have to start afresh. I think this may be what the nominator was trying to advise. My nomination jsut came through 2 weeks ago and my nominator seems not to be aware of this. If i find out more info i will post it on here.

Maybe this is different in different states because my application is in Victoria.

So do you think it is safe for me to start my application before my AHPRA reg comes through? Can i begin to upload the rest of my docs without actually submitting my visa application? I have my TRN and my nomination was approved on the 8th Jan. I've been tempted to try it a few times but then i remember that im a big fearty and decide against it :confused:

Guest mandajay

I did mine last month and once I'd completed the application and got a case officer, she sent me an e-mail saying that I had 28 days to upload all the required documents. However it did also say the 28 days did not apply to the medical and AHPRA registration as that is out of your control so to me that's ok. Also you can't apply for the medical until you have completed and lodged your application as it generates you a second TRN which you need to book your appointment.

Hope that helps and good luck xxxx

I did mine last month and once I'd completed the application and got a case officer, she sent me an e-mail saying that I had 28 days to upload all the required documents. However it did also say the 28 days did not apply to the medical and AHPRA registration as that is out of your control so to me that's ok. Also you can't apply for the medical until you have completed and lodged your application as it generates you a second TRN which you need to book your appointment.

Hope that helps and good luck xxxx

Thanks for that :smile: I think i'll brave it and go ahead with beginning my application. I feel like im never going to get there, sitting around waiting for my AHPRA reg. I need some sort of new oz progress! ha. I had my medical in November so thats one less thing to worry about. They asked me for a TRN number initially but I was able to book it without one. I hope your application is going smoothly :wubclub: xx

Guest mandajay

Had my medical last wednesday, visa granted Friday and am just having a panic attack as we have just booked flights!!! 12th March here we come!

So do you think it is safe for me to start my application before my AHPRA reg comes through? Can i begin to upload the rest of my docs without actually submitting my visa application? I have my TRN and my nomination was approved on the 8th Jan. I've been tempted to try it a few times but then i remember that im a big fearty and decide against it :confused:

To answer your question i have already started my online application whilst Im getting all the other stuff together and hope to lodge my application end of february. Was intouch with my sponsors who just confirmed to me that I do not need to wait for Ahpra because immigration will start processing the visa and I can get the medicals done during the time i will be waiting for my AHPRA to come through. This cuts the waiting time as well because whilst waiting on AHPRA you will be doing other stuff, when AHPRA comes throught the visa will just be finalised.

• 1 month later...

So i went ahead and lodged my online 457 visa application on the 13/2, uploading all my docs apart from my AHPRA eligibility (still waiting on that, grrrr) and i havent heard anything since. Should a case officer have been in touch by now? When i check the status of my application is just says 'processing commenced' :unsure:

I'm in the same situation waiting for AHPRA and just need to get all my docs certified for 457 then was hoping to submit them in the next 2 weeks. It's good to know I can still submit them while waiting for AHPRA as I was confused to. Is it easier to submit your application on line then rather than post? Is it quicker? Do you just scan your passport photos that they want aswell?

The online e457 application is pretty straight forward. It takes a wee while but its just a case of filling in boxes and attaching your documents as the end. All of my documents are already certified but i've since read on here that if you are uploading a colour copy of an original document then it doesnt need to be certified. I would imagine lodging your application on line would be much quicker (and probably cheaper if you dont have to get your docs certified). Once its lodged you can also check the status of your application whenever you want using your TRN number on the immi.au website. Even if you dont want to lodge straight away, you can go on and begin your application, save it and come back to it.

Thanks. Wow I didn't know that coloured documents didn't need to be certified! Can I ask did you do ilets test? I'm just submitting gcse certificate for proof of english as it says thats ok but not sure if I still need to have confirmation from the school about hours taught etc.

No i didnt do ielts. I just uploaded my school qualification certificates to prove that i was taught in English. The other docs that i uploaded for the visa application were cv, birth certificate, scanned copy of passport, offer of employment, degree certificate, police clearance certificate, proof of travel insurance, form 80 and form 956. Apart from my AHPRA eligibility i think thats everything? No doubt a case officer will be along shortly to tell me otherwise though! ha.

Guest Clareoc
No probs. I've accepted a job in Hollywood Private Hospital in Nedlands, Perth, so heading out there in July. Yourself?

Hi Pamdav,

I'm also going around the same time - I will be a radiographer in HPH! What do you do?:biggrin: