puppy thrown out window - dogs and cats for sale in pet shops

whichway

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/article/12461841/puppy-thrown-out-window-during-row/

:arghh::arghh::mad::mad:

SOME People are totally disgusting human beings and I hope she gets a blooming decent sentence!!!

Something else that springs to mind is the horrible practice of selling dogs and cats in pet shops!! I mean any psychopath can just walk in and buy one, it should be stopped. In my opinion of course.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/article/12461841/puppy-thrown-out-window-during-row/

SOME People are totally disgusting human beings and I hope she gets a blooming decent sentence!!!

Something else that springs to mind is the horrible practice of selling dogs and cats in pet shops!! I mean any psychopath can just walk in and buy one, it should be stopped. In my opinion of course.

this has nothing to do with buying animals in pet shops. There is plenty of cruelty to animals in the UK and they don't sell cats and dogs in pet shops. I have seen some horrific reports on UK newspapers websites.

You're wrong, Northernbird. PLENTY of places sell them in shops here in the UK! It's legal! Harrods sell them, for example...! Horrible practise. As a breeder myself I find it horrifying; I've turned down four homes for one of my pups this week, one family visited yesterday and were completely disinterested.

Guest Guest31881

I got my dog from two little old ladies who took the dog off a young man, ( around 21 /22 years), this person had thrown a young puppy (chihuahua x fox terrier) in with two big dogs, she had to fight these dogs for scraps of food, She was fed on dry pasta and the owner had told the two old ladies that he intended to throw the dog against a wall to kill her.

The dog did no know how to eat from a dog bowl or how to lap water from a water bowl. She had always eaten from the floor and drank water from puddles on the floor. The ladies found us because they asked at the local pet shop about possible owners, we had left our phone number with the shop and they phoned us up..... Do not presume that because dogs are sold or provided by pet shops that they are all cruel and heartless. The young man who had our dog, did not buy from a pet shop, he brought from an advert in the paper, perhaps if he had gone to a pet shop his attitude may have been picked up sooner.

dora with toys.jpg

Dora as she is now, a lovely dog, but still a bit nervous at times.

dora with toys.jpg

You're wrong, Northernbird. PLENTY of places sell them in shops here in the UK! It's legal! Harrods sell them, for example...! Horrible practise. As a breeder myself I find it horrifying; I've turned down four homes for one of my pups this week, one family visited yesterday and were completely disinterested.

I thought it was illegal, I stand corrected. I never saw animals in petshops when I lived in the UK, guaranteed I didn't shop at Harrods though.

I agree... I can't believe someone would do such a thing. It's absolutely disgraceful and they should be penalised to the max!

At least the little dog is going to be ok :biggrin:

I got my eldest dog from Pets Trust & we had to undergo stringent tests, I paid 50 pounds for him and it was the best 50 quid I have ever spent.

My baby girl cost a lot more, I bought her from a breeder and I had to sign a piece of paper to say that I would look after her et. et. I have done far more than the breeder could only ever hope for.

It makes me sick here ...... people leave for the UK they don´t have any money to ship their dog´s back home with them ....... so they throw them out onto the streets to fend for themselves ............. I had a friend once who went back and she just chucked her cat out and walked away ................ I would never be able to sleep again .................... I see dog´s regularly wandering around here looking for food and a pack to attach itself ............. I get really upset because I always think that that dog was once someone´s pet ....................... I would hate to be in that position in fact I would do without myself before I would turn a dog or cat out onto the street to fend for itself ................. many pet shops are not bothered who they sell too all they think of is profit ................. I always try to support pet charities as these poor animals are defenceless, unloved and unwanted and they have been very unfortunate to find an a hole for an owner so need all the love & support they can get ............... oh here I go again ranting .......... but these people should remember that a dog is for life not just for Christmas .............. if they can´t look after it then for goodness sake try to take it to an animal sanctuary or find someone who will look after it.

Over the years we have taken in a few strays.............. paid for medical fees for them ............... nursed them back to health and then in one instance took the poor thing to the RSPCA who we kept in contact with until the dog was re homed ....... another one was a dog my OH found .............. we advertised it in a local shop .............. the owner got in touch 3 weeks later ....... and said he had been away ............... but left the dog out ................ but not to worry he thanked us for paying for the poor mutt´s injections. :arghh::arghh:

whats the diff between a shop selling them and a dogs home , to me a dogs home should ask for a donation , we payed $300 maybe more and got a good dog but she can be a snapper at times with people she not sure about and strangers...........but with 5 kids she is great ........

The difference between a pet shop selling them is that often at times like CHristmas, there can be excess dogs bred by people who couldn't care less about them, so that people can buy them as presents :(

Not every pet shop but lots of them will buy from puppy mills, which are legal in AUstralia

http://www.wheredopuppiescomefrom.com.au/

Another reason it is wrong is because you can just be in a shopping centre and think I'll buy a dog or a cat and there you go. No planning, no thinking how you are going to do it or like I said if you are a psychopath you have easy access instead of trying to find one to abuse you can just go and get one. and yes cruelty does happen anywhere no matter how they have access to the animal but it just makes it too easy to access animals to be abused and neglected.

Another reason it is wrong is because you can just be in a shopping centre and think I'll buy a dog or a cat and there you go. No planning, no thinking how you are going to do it or like I said if you are a psychopath you have easy access instead of trying to find one to abuse you can just go and get one. and yes cruelty does happen anywhere no matter how they have access to the animal but it just makes it too easy to access animals to be abused and neglected.

I know someone who did exactly this, they had gone clothes shopping and came home with a puppy. I remember talking to her one day about my dog´s injections and she said ´what injections´, she had never ever had her dog inoculated against anything. The poor dog never ever went for a haircut and a walk was something that the poor mutt could have only ever dreamt of. Then when she decided to love away she was unable to fly her dog back home, and ended up having to leave it behind, fortunately a friend of hers found a good home for it.

I would never ever buy a puppy without working out whether or not I could a) look after it or b) provide for it, I would do without myself rather than see mine neglected. We have just been to collect ours from the groomer as they could not take themselves yet there are an awful lot of people who think that a dog can fend for itself.

Postscript.... mine are now lounging on the sofa after throwing all the cushions onto the floor, it seems they have made themselves at home.

And yes I paid $350 for my lab from the animal shelter, which does seem a bit steep, but then it is a charity and they need the money to keep the dogs.

I am giving a lot of the stuff that won´t be making the trip to OZ to our local dog shelter, they may as well make some money out of it and put it to good use, and towards something I feel strongly towards rather than me taking it to a boot sale. They will spend the money much more wisely than I ever could do.

I would love to become involved with a dog shelter and who knows maybe when we move over to OZ I will be able to do it. The work they do is wonderful.

I've taken dogs on death row from the pound and rehomed them before, luckily there's now a proper organisation locally who take the condemned dogs and foster them out for permanent homing - previously the pound was euthanising 500 dogs a year, this year it was 70 and all of them were before the animal rescue mob set up.

There's a large pet shop near us that sells puppies, but they screen potential buyers; I saw them reject some people as unsuitable (teenagers who didn't have parental consent) which cheered me up no end, plus people are now going to the pound first - they rehomed 24 dogs in a week recently.

Guest The Pom Queen
whats the diff between a shop selling them and a dogs home .

Impulse buying, people are out doing their shopping and they see a cute white fluffy puppy in the window, fall in love and buy it forgetting that this little puppy will grow in to an adult and then they usually abandon it because it no longer resembles that little white fluffy bundle in the shop window. Also pet shops hardly ever desex and vac before they sell their pets.

Pet shops are more concerned about how much profit they will make on the said animal rather than the welfare, whereas pounds/rescues will complete a full questionnaire, see if you have any other dogs/pets/children etc and that the dog they are rehoming has had a temperament test and is suitable for that home environment. They also desex and vac all animals.

Archived