Accent

BeckiNick

I think its the way you speak. I dont have a problem being understood at all, my OH who has the same accent has to repeat himself over and over, in fact, I sometimes repeat what he has said to the person having problems and they understand me straight away. I think its to do with me having worked on a helpline for years, dealing with all sorts of accents. Im from Bristol, and the majority of people where I live are northern, mainly Yorkshire, and Scottish, very few Aussies here even!:biglaugh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this! I have a North Devonian accent, and people find it strange! (I am currently living in South Wales.) I also have a Dutch father, and when I have been in The Netherlands, or speaking to Family in Dutch on Skype or whatever, i become Devonshire/Dutch for a few days.

That's just mental! I have to become a recluse for a few days, it just confuses everyone!!

Love this! I have a North Devonian accent, and people find it strange! (I am currently living in South Wales.) I also have a Dutch father, and when I have been in The Netherlands, or speaking to Family in Dutch on Skype or whatever, i become Devonshire/Dutch for a few days.

That's just mental! I have to become a recluse for a few days, it just confuses everyone!!

a wud love to hear your accent:laugh:

Your a woolyback,no wonder they cant understand yer Ike!:laugh::wink:

Nah,had all the same meself,are you scottish,Irish etc,its hard work tbh,but up to me to pronounce my words better,i think southern accents might be a bit easier for aussies to understand than northern,but i dont know that? just sounds nearer to aussie than say my accent

Bloody hell mate, good memory! I think it's the same here tbh, really need to remember where I am and speak English properly. 'Al reet cocker' doesn't really cut it down here lol.

Bloody hell mate, good memory! I think it's the same here tbh, really need to remember where I am and speak English properly. 'Al reet cocker' doesn't really cut it down here lol.

Could be worse mate,yer could be from Tatty Heath!worked and drank down THelephant lane for about 6 years with roy haggerty and the cunninghams!:laugh:

Could be worse mate,yer could be from Tatty Heath!worked and drank down THelephant lane for about 6 years with roy haggerty and the cunninghams!:laugh:

Your kidding!?

I am from Thatto Heath, (posh end :-p)

I like to see myself as proof that you can be from there and not be on the dole lol

Your kidding!?

I am from Thatto Heath, (posh end :-p)

I like to see myself as proof that you can be from there and not be on the dole lol

Nah,drank there and st helens for yrs,with frankie platt,lee atherton,mark bennett,few scots mates

First time i met frank was when he was on the door of a club,decided to punch me on the snout for nothing!so we ended up rolling around a bit!!,a week later in work someone said "theres a new labourer starting",only frank wasnt it! that was funny!:laugh: got on sound in the end

Archived