Lunar Eclipse Over Australia And New Zealand

Bobj

Guest guest37336

Was lucky to see one in Perth many, many years ago Bob, (I think it was, it all went dark) very eerie feeling it was.:yes:

Guest guest17301

Just been out to look at the moon........dont know what Im looking for but it just looks like a slightly dark patch to the lower right? Its 8.35pm in Perth

Guest Bleeding Thorn13

Greetings all,

I'm always interested in major events when it comes to Astronomy, I wasn't too sure if I would be able to witness this Total Lunar eclipse, the weather here in Brisbane has been wet for the past few days & very overcast, like many areas we too were hit with thunderstorms late yesterday afternoon, fortunately the storms passed & the sky cleared so much that you could see this event with the naked eye, fwiw no I didn't go blind, no spots before the eyes, no summoning into the light (Thank Goth!) & this was because it was a TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE opposed to a Solar Eclipse.

:smile:

I'm lucky enough to have a Telescope (not as sophisticated as Bob J's, but good enough to get closer to the action) & went to work setting it up, thinking this will be fun, as our home is situated in a gully with a big blinding light directly outside, despite competing with this flood light, I had a great vantage point as the moon appeared to be right above our house. I had the opportunity of witnessing this amazing event, the most impressive part of a Total Lunar eclipse is when the Moon goes entirely red & transitions to a very bright new moon, I sat through the whole event & wasn't disappointed, I don't have any elaborate equipment to share images with people, so I've attached this video for anyone who would like to view it.:cool:

[video=youtube_share;hwyUyQNvbIE]

Archived