Brisbane or Perth??????

zxrninja250

Hi All

I am torn between Brisbane and Perth but having never been there i don’t really no what to expect. Can anybody shed some light on there preferences such as places to live, cost of living, things to do, weather etc. I am a Mechanical Engineer so jobs are an important issue as well. Or any other areas you find feels like home.

I am looking to go over on a 175 visa so it doesn’t matter where we go. Also can anyone recommend any good migration agent that doesn’t cost the earth?

I look forward to your replies,

Mark

Don't even think about perth TOO HOT YOU GET INCINERATED IN SUMMER CANT GO OUT ALSO TOO ISOLATED NOT ENOUGH TO DO OR CHOICES, MUCH BETTER BRISBAND YOU CAN CRUISE THE WHOLE EAST COAST IT IS MUCH CHEAPER TO LIVE AND LOTS MORE TO DO OR TRAVEL TOO FORGET PERTH OR YOU WILL BE SORRY.:arghh:

My brother lives in QLD and we live in Perth ... they are both nice places, although Perth is more laid back (some will say boring), it's has a lower population and contrary to public opinion, we're not cut off from the rest of the world. But they are vastly different, we have a great climate (I think), and we certainly havn't regreted moving here. Being on Asia's doorstep is a particular bonus for us again not for others. You can live on the coast quite affordably in some parts (especially south of the river). Perth isn't perfect by any means, but we like it here, we visited a few places in WA now for holidays and it is a beautiful state.

I guess ... look firstly at where the job opportunities are, look at the lifestyle for each place and what you as a family are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definately choose Brisbane. It's a lovely city and if you want to venture to Sydney or Canberra for skiiing it's only a short flight away. You can go go Stradbroke Island from Cleveland which is just gorgeous. The island has the most beautiful ocean I think I have ever seen, even better than Med.

There's everything you could wish for shopping, boating, fishing, islands, hinterland, theme parks on Gold Coast. Whatever hobbies you like I'm sure you will have plenty of choice. People are friendly, climate is great, occasionally a bit humid:)