Anyone found any decent chorizo?

pintpot

I know it's a bit niche - the missus is a bit of an addict

We've tried a few "chorizos" from supermarkets and delis and have been very disappointed - taste like mildly spiced frankfurter. Any recommendations?

I don't expect a response. But it's worth a try

:)

Not much help to you but we recently got a great one in Adelaide markets, we are also addicts and although it was for a recipe we scoffed the lot in a day! We couldn't see any so asked at a dried sausagey type stall and she brought one out from the back!

Gill x

If I could bring you some from Spain I would do but I doubt that immigration would allow me. Saying that I will ask my husband to email them and ask if so I may be able to stash a few in a box. They are everywhere here, unfortunately though I don´t like them.

Will let you know if they say I can bring them. x

Love it, as has been said continental butchers and delis. Also depends on the area you live in and who lives there. If there are lots of people from Europe tend to get lots of specialties sold. If there are lots of Aus not so much, if its Vietnamese and other Asian then pork is the biggy and fish.

I agree!! Was really disappointed at the so called Choirzo I got from the supermarket the other day! No flavour at all.:dull:

We wont be to far from Leichardt, sorry if I spelt it wrong! I believe that has an Italian flavour so may be more delis which might sell something.

I don't want to be one of those Brits that moan you can't get what you can get at home etc etc, but somethings welll!!!

Archived