derham

How many tests to gain 8 in all sections  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many tests to gain 8 in all sections

• 4+

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wont have time unfortunately, sit ielts in january, 2 week for result then up to 12 weeks for skills assessment then up to 12 weeks for state sponsorship will take me past end of june

There are IELTS every couple of weeks. I booked 3 in advance, passed on the 2nd attempt so need to sit my 3rd. Remember you can do General or Academic so there are plenty of dates in plenty of centres up and down the country.

Why don't you do your skills now? I actually did mine before I even started IELTS because there was no point if I didn't get the assessment I needed. I did thank goodness.

Also, even though they say 12 weeks, I actually got my skills in 4 weeks.

I desperately need to get my application in before the rule changes next July because I only just have 65 points and the EOI model might not be great for me. I'm working to the same timescales and was willing to book another 2 IELTS per month until the end of June until I got my 8's! Whatever it takes :wink: As it stands now, hopefully I'll be able to file my application for a 175 within the next couple of weeks.

I guess what I'm saying is that from someone in a fairly similar position, I think you've got more time than you think!

I reviewed for a month with a local ielts center then took the exsm. I got all 8.5 but my reading was only 8. Im a filipino so i had to really work hard on my english.

Ielts is more about technical english. If you are fluent, then that's s plus.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I need academic 8, general wont do for my job, and I am applying to Victoria who are currently quite slow with their state applications hence the rush

I did General for the 1st attempt and then Academic for my 2nd because there was a space available where I needed to go. I actually found myself more suited to the Academic test even though it's supposed to be slightly harder. I believe you can also get a couple more wrong and still get an 8. I need that extra help because I really struggled in the Reading test tying myself up it knots with the true/false/not given stuff and talking myself out of correct answers all the time!

Well it worked for me anyway and I got an overall 9 :biggrin:

Can you not start your skills assessment now before you get the IELTS? That would save you loads of time. Like I say, I did mine prior to going for IELTS because I wasn't sure if I'd get the skills assessment I needed and if I didn't there was no point in moving forward with anything else. Who is the assessing body?

Hiya the assessming body is ANMC - I need an 8 in each area, really peeved that I got an overall 8.5 but fell down on one area, most of my stuff is ready for skills assessment but they need the IETLS result as part of the application, fortunately there are so many employers offering sponsorship for my job so I will just apply for PR once I get there

Hiya the assessming body is ANMC - I need an 8 in each area, really peeved that I got an overall 8.5 but fell down on one area, most of my stuff is ready for skills assessment but they need the IETLS result as part of the application, fortunately there are so many employers offering sponsorship for my job so I will just apply for PR once I get there

Good luck, what is your industry?

I thought you only need 7 in each area for skills assessment! Or do you need the 8 for your visa application?

hi Ack,

how can get 7 in w and s? as I only got 6.5 (both w & s) in the past 6 attempts.

Thx for help!

There is no other way to pass it but by always practicing. Some people here have benefited from going to the English classes that are offered right at the IELTS center.

hey guys,

having a quick question,,,,i did my ielts for the first time and got 7 (Enough for skill assessment) .my 2nd attemp i got 8 (But 6.5 in listening)...can i still apply for my visa application using the first IELTS result ?

*I am trying to get 8 to avoid the Temprory visa and go straight for the PR but incase of all 7 i will go for 475 visa

hey guys,

having a quick question,,,,i did my ielts for the first time and got 7 (Enough for skill assessment) .my 2nd attemp i got 8 (But 6.5 in listening)...can i still apply for my visa application using the first IELTS result ?

*I am trying to get 8 to avoid the Temprory visa and go straight for the PR but incase of all 7 i will go for 475 visa

Yes you can use any test results you wish as long as you get all sevens or all eights in eac section in one sitting you can use the first or second.

Archived