Stage two of 309 Spouse Visa

Metoo

Hi All,

Quick question,

When completing the second stage of your 309 spouse visa has anybody been asked for a 2nd UK police check. Obviously I submitted one when first applying for my visa in 2009, now the 2 year temp PR visa is ready to be converted into PR 100, Diac is asking for a Police Check for any country I have resided in for 12 months or more during the the past 2 years. As I am still in UK does this mean another UK PC.

I have nothing to hide but a 2nd PC check for UK seems a little strange.

Thanks Metoo

Not that strange. They want to check your criminal record is still clear since granting the 309. Your original police check won't cover the last two years. So if you've been in the UK since the 309 was granted then yes, you'll need another UK police check. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate, a little off the topic but how long did you have to wait to get your PR, was it 2 years from when you entered oz or 2 years from when you applied? Moving to sydney next year just want to double check. Thanks.

P.s im from beautiful leicester as well:cool:

Hi R4SH,

You are eligable for PR 100 2 yrs from when you submitted you visa application, however, I have been informed by DIAC that it may be up to 8 months before we actually have confirmation and new visa stamp for the 100. We have to submit more evidence that we are still a couple and still together before our new visa is granted.

You are allowed to enter and leave Australia however as many times as you wish once you have the 309 temp visa.

Good luck Leicester boy/girl

Metoo

I have just got my paperwork through to convert to the 100, but I am lucky in that since 309 visa granted I have lived in UK for 9 months and been in Oz for 9 months - so I won't need a police check for either, but yes, you need them if you have lived anywhere for over 12 months. Before granting PR, they want to make sure your record is still clean.

And yes, it's 2 years after you apply, although it takes about 6-8 months for them to grant it