Arrived end Aug and going home again Feb!

Guest brucestobrisbane

Guest JoanneHattersley

Am i one of the rare few who settled straight away?? I have suffered homesickness (badly at times) but, hell, nothing I cant handle!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

You are not alone settling in quickly. When we arrived in Perth 18 months ago i felt settled when I got off the plane!! It felt like home and my husband felt the same. We met great friends quickly and settled into a lovely rental property beside the beach. We both enjoyed our jobs and were living a dream. we had intially said we would stay for a year. During that year my mother in law died and my husband ended up missing her funeral, that was really hard. My sister was also diagnosed with renal failure. My dad also was ill in hospital in that year. Even though we had decided that Oz was the life for us these situations made me in particular feel that we should come home to the UK. At the airport before we flew home i remember thinking oh no what are we doing! I have loved being close to my family again, and I see my mum and sister a lot, my mum is my shopping buddy. My dad died and I was glad be be home at that time, but despite this we are returning to perth hopefully later on this year. I am scared that we are doing the right thing and the family will draw me back again but we only have one life and We loved that life in Oz. i just hope that i don't regret this but I love the oz life for my husband, myself and our 4 sons. My mum is also going to stay with us for 3 months per year and with my sister for the rest. I'm trying not to think too much about what we will do when she is unable to do this!

Arlene

Archived