Certifying docs for a 457 Visa application

n8111445

Hi All,

Does anyone know if a police officer in the UK can certify documents to go with a 457 visa application?

Also, other than being 'certfied' do the docs need to be 'witnessed' as well?

I have my degree and masters degree info but cannot find by GCSE and A Level certificates, do you think this will be a problem or will my degree and masters info suffice?

Thanks guys

Paul

Youll have to check the immi site for this. Something is telling me no. It has to be a justice of the peace, notary. Etc.......i.e a judge or solicitor or barrister.

Over here in aus its different. Ive been able to use one of the prof's at work.

I never handed oer my gcse stuff. Its the highest qual you have thats the important one and of course your vocation qualification for the 457

Good luck

Youll have to check the immi site for this. Something is telling me no. It has to be a justice of the peace, notary. Etc.......i.e a judge or solicitor or barrister.

Over here in aus its different. Ive been able to use one of the prof's at work.

I never handed oer my gcse stuff. Its the highest qual you have thats the important one and of course your vocation qualification for the 457

Good luck

Legend...thanks for the information mate.

So to clarify, a UK solicitor would suffice? I am aware of the IMMI, but a friend informed me a Police Officer would also suffice, but I wanted to get feedback from here. I have a few PO friends from the UK so this would have been handy, I also have a friend who is a solicitor but he lives miles away...

Guest Karenphil67

We used a Notory for APHRA as they wouldnt accept a uk solicitor and sent the documents back but we just used a ordinary solicitor for our Visa documents.

I had to get a letter from my school stating that i had attended there and that i had be educated in english as i couldnt fine my exam results either.

A word of warning though.....ring about as we had quaotes from £5 per document up to £50 per document. There doesnt seem to be any guidelines when it comes to prices and solicitors seem to charge what ever they want!

We used a Notory for APHRA as they wouldnt accept a uk solicitor and sent the documents back but we just used a ordinary solicitor for our Visa documents.

I had to get a letter from my school stating that i had attended there and that i had be educated in english as i couldnt fine my exam results either.

A word of warning though.....ring about as we had quaotes from £5 per document up to £50 per document. There doesnt seem to be any guidelines when it comes to prices and solicitors seem to charge what ever they want!

Was this for a 457 application?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if a police officer in the UK can certify documents to go with a 457 visa application?

Also, other than being 'certfied' do the docs need to be 'witnessed' as well?

I have my degree and masters degree info but cannot find by GCSE and A Level certificates, do you think this will be a problem or will my degree and masters info suffice?

Thanks guys

Paul

Also, does everything have to certified? Even employer refs, de facto evidence?

Hi,if you are doing an online application you do not need your docs verified,we are using an agent and he has scanned and emailed our supporting docs through,its only the paper app I think you need certification for

Hi,if you are doing an online application you do not need your docs verified,we are using an agent and he has scanned and emailed our supporting docs through,its only the paper app I think you need certification for

I'd double check that if I were you - seems a little odd to say the least!

Maybe someone who's been through it themselves can confirm - I only know Partner visa stuff for sure :)

Archived