Where to stop over?

theimprover

3 of us are heading to Brisbane from Ireland in March and are looking to break our flight. We want to travel with maybe Emirates/Ethiad/Quantas as they seem to be the best of the lot.

We did want to stop over in Bangkok but Quantas seem to be the only one of the three that fly to Brisbane from Bangkok and Singapore airlines are just to expensive.The other alternative is to maybe stop over in Singapore or Dubai but then we are bringing expense on us with these destinations, don't know about Singapore with how expensive it is.

One of us has been to Bangkok a few times so knows there way around and as we all know it is very cheap there, it seems we are in a catch 22, we could go with China airlines but i have been told to stay away from them.

Any advise:wink:

I think you're limited as you say as to where your courier flies the 2nd leg from. My in-laws had a stop over in Singapore for 3 days and loved it there, and we've visited Bangkok before and thought it was a great place to sight seeing

Ya, we seem to be limited, there is about €280 of a difference between stopping over in Bangkok with Quantas and Singapore with Ethiad, i know its not much but every penny counts:biggrin: we probably will go with Bangkok as it will probably balance itself out with the costs of between the two cities.

I can highly recommend Singapore Airlines, the service was amazing, they are great with kids too, we stopped in Singapore for 4 days once and it was amazing, we found it very reasonable too, it's o clean and a very safe place to visit.

Just a thought ... if you're getting extra baggage allowance with your visa - do check the small print, some don't allow stopovers

I have a 676 visa with a 6 month stay, i don't know anything about the extra baggage allowance, the letter that i received granting me the visa states nothing about extra baggage or stop over's.

Archived