Queen's Visit and the thoughts on a Republic

Guest guest59652

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest37336
I prefer harry and william, they seem a lot more down to earth and on our level, im not sure if that makes sense!?

I wrote a letter to the queen when i was really little, i actually dont have a clue what i even said to her lol

Hi Stacey.

I've written numerous letters to the government, Santa Clause, the Tooth fairy, and not one reply, :no: well at least not from the 'Big' men concerned, just their minions.:realmad:

Anyone would think these people don't exist.:no::biglaugh::wink:

Cheers Tony.:cool:

I prefer harry and william, they seem a lot more down to earth and on our level, im not sure if that makes sense!?

I wrote a letter to the queen when i was really little, i actually dont have a clue what i even said to her lol

I really like you Stacey, but you probably are on the level of Wills and Harry. The problem lies in separating the bull from reality!

Hmmm i probably didnt put that right, im definitely no royalist although i did end up watching the wedding, I just mean they're less formal than the queen.

Lol tony, santa and tooth fairy didnt reply to me either :( Im not sure what my letter to the queen said, probably something like " i like your crown!". I was only little, im suprised mum and dad even let me, they dont really like the royal family

I've written numerous letters to the government, Santa Clause, the Tooth fairy, and not one reply, :no: well at least not from the 'Big' men concerned, just their minions.:realmad:

Anyone would think these people don't exist.:no::biglaugh::wink:

Cheers Tony.:cool:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Brilliant!

H.M. Does not have to apply for a visa to visit Australia. If she did I would run it pro bono just for the sake of answering the questions - occupation? - incentive to return? - evidence of adequate funds? - have you ever had a visa cancelled/refused? - do you heave a criminal record? If, during this visit, H.M. were to dismiss the Australian government, it would suit me.

When the various heads of state arrive for CHOGM, they will have their own 'rules of protocol' regarding how they should be addressed. It's the same for President Obama and for The Pope. So, it is for the Queen and Prince Philip, and for that matter, the Governor General and the State Governors. It's not about 'grovelling to an unelected, archaic, out-of-date, caste.

I'm not an uncritical supporter of the monarchy and I loathe the honours system, especially 'knighthoods' and 'peerages.' But, it's also part of our history, our way of life, our system of governemt, and it is for Australia, NZ, Canada too.

All three 'may' become republics, and / or change their flags - Canada has already done so of course - but we do not HAVE to do it. Australia will not suddenly acquire some new and higher form of respect and standing around the world if we become a republic. And we certainly will not get better or cheaper government. Just take a look around the globe at a few of the existing republics - Greece, the USA, France, South Africa, etc.

Guest guest59652

Why break a system that is working well. Is'nt it great to see the Queen here. Yes it historical - as for people saying she is a parasite - she is great drawer for tourism in the UK - we need all the pennies we can at the moment and if that means tourists coming visiting and seeing royal sites i am all for it.

As for her trip here - it is great. She is not here most of the time but how often does she make an impact on a daily basis in the UK.

God Save our Queen in Australia.

Archived