176's lodged October 2011

helene73

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put our state sponsored 176 application in on the 2nd October. We've taken a gamble and booked the medicals and applied for the police checks as we're planning a visit in early January so hoping we can get the visa issued before then and use the trip to validate. :jiggy:

Just got to get our de-facto statements sorted out :confused:

Hi Guys

Put my 176 application in 6th October. Spent the whole weekend loading documents (such fun!) but still got form 80, form 1221, pcc and medical to sort out.

Glad there are others out there, thought I was the only one!

Nice to see DIAC are sticking to their fortnightly updates on allocation date again - update tomorrow maybe???????

Same for us :cool:

Yeah :)

I am sure getting your meds done early won't be a problem, I am so tempted to do it!! But I balls thing up left to my own devices lol

Always wanted WA but I was having to go SA, thank god WA put me back on :) well I paid a agent to do the SA one ( then 3 weeks in SA filled quotas for my occupation) so after loosing a load of money did the WA one myself, I applied in my married name forgetting passport was in my maiden name, got my offer then my agent told me of my boob, so had to nicely ask WA to send out a new offer letter in my maiden name which they did right away lovely people :)

So I think I will wait and do as I am told lol

Hi Guys

Put my 176 application in 6th October. Spent the whole weekend loading documents (such fun!) but still got form 80, form 1221, pcc and medical to sort out.

Glad there are others out there, thought I was the only one!

Nice to see DIAC are sticking to their fortnightly updates on allocation date again - update tomorrow maybe???????

Hi where are you heading too? :)

Yeah :)

I am sure getting your meds done early won't be a problem, I am so tempted to do it!! But I balls thing up left to my own devices lol

Always wanted WA but I was having to go SA, thank god WA put me back on :) well I paid a agent to do the SA one ( then 3 weeks in SA filled quotas for my occupation) so after loosing a load of money did the WA one myself, I applied in my married name forgetting passport was in my maiden name, got my offer then my agent told me of my boob, so had to nicely ask WA to send out a new offer letter in my maiden name which they did right away lovely people :)

So I think I will wait and do as I am told lol

Oh dear, yes it is all fun and games! I've had to apply for skills assessment twice, stupid me for thinking exam results sheets would suffice rather than an academic transcript. Then applied to SA for sponsorship only to have occupation change from 'high availability' to 'no availability' overnight before trying nsw instead. :biglaugh:

Hopefully heading for Sydney if I can afford to live there!

Same for us :cool:

Me three. Applied October 3rd and in the process of applying for police clearances and medical. Planning to head down to Perth in early March. Anyone wanting to meet up for a pint in Freo then?

DIAC updated the webpage finally. 20th of Sept. They are progressing at 10 business days per update. Accordingly we should get a CO in about two weeks I hope :)

Me three. Applied October 3rd and in the process of applying for police clearances and medical. Planning to head down to Perth in early March. Anyone wanting to meet up for a pint in Freo then?

DIAC updated the webpage finally. 20th of Sept. They are progressing at 10 business days per update. Accordingly we should get a CO in about two weeks I hope :)

Wooooo that's fast!!! I have been on hold so long with SS I can't believe how fast everything is happening, I haven't even got my head round the fact we have listed yet!!

Looks like we will have to validate next year and then move permanently early 2013, but l am up for lots of beer in Freo when we come over :D

... We've taken a gamble and booked the medicals..:

Was thinking about doing the same but I am a tad confused regarding what the medicals entail. I can see some of them mention an X-ray while others don't. Does anyone have the link regarding the exact requirement? The DIAC site is quite messy on this.

Thanks!

Was thinking about doing the same but I am a tad confused regarding what the medicals entail. I can see some of them mention an X-ray while others don't. Does anyone have the link regarding the exact requirement? The DIAC site is quite messy on this.

Thanks!

Medicals are chest X-rays and HIV tests for the adults, then height, weight, eye test, ears, throat, glands, reflexes and a urine test for all (no urine test for under 5's I think).

If you intend to work in the medical profession the Hepatitis blood tests too.

Don't stress over it, it's a doddle !

Justin:wink:

Medicals are chest X-rays and HIV tests for the adults, then height, weight, eye test, ears, throat, glands, reflexes and a urine test for all (no urine test for under 5's I think).

If you intend to work in the medical profession the Hepatitis blood tests too.

Don't stress over it, it's a doddle !

Cheers. Do the doctors have all the necessary forms and do they know what is needed or do I have to bring my own form?

Cheers. Do the doctors have all the necessary forms and do they know what is needed or do I have to bring my own form?

If you check your application online, the Document Checklist should have links to download your medical forms that are already filled in with your name and TRN number.

Or just get them off the www.immi.gov.au website using the search box to find them, Form 160 for each adult only and a 26 for everyone.

You will need your passports and any glasses/contacts you wear.

Good news on the update, getting nearer!

Littlegreenman - did you apply for a 175 visa and a 176 visa??? Must have cost you a fortune if you did.

Good news on the update, getting nearer!

Littlegreenman - did you apply for a 175 visa and a 176 visa??? Must have cost you a fortune if you did.

:frown:

They just only released the announcement on cat 3 a few hours after I posted my application. Otherwise I would've gone down the SS route from the start.

Applied for a 175 in June when life was still good. Now job is going South rapidly and I don't want to have to start a new job and then resign six months down the road.

:frown:

They just only released the announcement on cat 3 a few hours after I posted my application. Otherwise I would've gone down the SS route from the start.

Applied for a 175 in June when life was still good. Now job is going South rapidly and I don't want to have to start a new job and then resign six months down the road.

Sorry to hear that, gosh, seems like a lot of us have a 'journey' trying to get these visas. Hope you keep your job long enough before the move.

Hi guys we have just lodged out 176 on the 7/10/2011. Any others out there? We can all keep each other from going mad while we wait :D

Hi,

We applied for our 176 visa on the 05th October, going to wait to get contacted by CO before proceeding with police checks and medicals. We are just a bit worried about the medical though because I have psorasis so just praying this won't cause a problem.

We put our apartment on the market two weeks ago and have had our first offer yesterday :biggrin:, its all moving so quickly now, whereas before with the skills assessment and nursing registration we were pulling our hair out waiting.....

We are moving to Melbourne, hoping to arrive next June/July.

When do you think we can expect to be contacted by CO??

Thanks,

Amanda, Arthur & Zara(3)

Hi,

We applied for our 176 visa on the 05th October, going to wait to get contacted by CO before proceeding with police checks and medicals. We are just a bit worried about the medical though because I have psorasis so just praying this won't cause a problem.

We put our apartment on the market two weeks ago and have had our first offer yesterday :biggrin:, its all moving so quickly now, whereas before with the skills assessment and nursing registration we were pulling our hair out waiting.....

Thanks,

Amanda, Arthur & Zara(3)

Hi guys welcome to our little gang :)

Great news about the offer :D

Hi,

Thanks,

Amanda, Arthur & Zara(3)

Welcome to the group :laugh:

I reckon you should get a CO within three to four weeks from now. The others including myself have all submitted between Oct 2nd and Oct 5th. So you will see a bunch of us jumping up in roughly three weeks and you will know your CO is just around the corner.

Sorry to hear about your medical condition. I read on this forum that someone else who needs a kidney transplant still got their visa without too much of a problem. As long as you are not going to cost the government a few hundred thousand or millions in the next two years I reckon you'll be alright. :wink:

Another one here..... lodged on the 4th of Oct and spent the weekend after, like so many on here, scanning and uploading documents.

Form 80 terrifies me - I have two extension pages of trips over the last 10 years as I travelled fairly extensively for work for a period of several years, but apart from that, just waiting.....

We leave for Perth on Tuesday for a quick recce trip in OZ and NZ (and for a friends wedding) so will get to see what it is like. Have visited before but only as a tourist and not a prospective resident!

Medicals will wait till we are back at the end of Nov. PCC will need to be redone as I have already uploaded one dated May (by mistake - did not realise that the validation date is calculated from this date) and will be left as late as possible.

Another one here..... lodged on the 4th of Oct and spent the weekend after, like so many on here, scanning and uploading documents.

Form 80 terrifies me - I have two extension pages of trips over the last 10 years as I travelled fairly extensively for work for a period of several years, but apart from that, just waiting.....

We leave for Perth on Tuesday for a quick recce trip in OZ and NZ (and for a friends wedding) so will get to see what it is like. Have visited before but only as a tourist and not a prospective resident!

Medicals will wait till we are back at the end of Nov. PCC will need to be redone as I have already uploaded one dated May (by mistake - did not realise that the validation date is calculated from this date) and will be left as late as possible.

Hi :)

We did the Perth reccie/tourist thing last year and loved it, have fun :)