Just sat Plumbers assessment with vic uni

Tea4two

Hi i went to that exbo as well,felt the same as you my mate is in perth and he said their robbing b**tards .you can do the course over there at nights. i know of a irish company looking to bring pipefitters/plumbers over on a 457 visa.i will pm you details if interested.

Hi ggraham123, my husband qualified as a plumber but only ever really worked as a pipefitter / industrial plumber on large construction and manufacturing projects. We are moving from Ireland to Oz Feb 2013. Does he need skills as a pipefitter verified? He has no intention of working as a plumber. Any recruitment agency tips would be great. We are thinking of moving to QLD. thx

hi all plumbers, I have my visas 176 state sponsored visa and done the down under tradies course but be under no illusions it seems to me that getting there is easy getting a plumbing job is close to lmpossible, but if it is use this as a chance to do something else, i am sure theres a lot of people who want visas and cant get them. Plumbing is not the be all. Good luck all

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

I have my vetasses practical on 8/12/12 and wondered if you had any info in the sprinkler systems and septic tanks that apparently they test you on, as i have never done either of them.....i have been reading your latest posts about work concerns and i although you are a lot further into the move than me i hope to be in your position soon and this job situation has worried me from the start and still is a major concern......I have a friend who moved to Perth in August and he says work is plentiful there but you do not actually know until you get there.........i think you would be wise to try and rent your house out here and rent there, i have heard a couple of horror stories whereby people have totally cut there ties with the UK and things have not worked out in Oz and they are not able to buy back into the UK.....now that is not a nice position to be in is it.......if i get through this practical and then the subsequent state sponsorship and visa application i would be renting my house out here and renting in WA.........It is all so daunting and a big step but your posts have been nothing but informative and confident, the nearer it gets the more it is worrying,i shall ask my friend who is in Baldivis if he has any contacts for you if you would like me to, then he could sort you then when i get there you can sort me........

• 4 months later...

Archived