Any 163 temp business visa people out there

ScottieandDani

Hi we have been granted a 4yr temp visa and are looking to buy/start a business. Need the business to meet the various criteria to gain perm resi.

Do we buy a business that already meets the criteria or start fresh?:mask:

Hi scottie and dani,

I suppose it depends what business you have in the UK, i was a builder, but with the time restrictions, i found it was better to buy an existing company. I bought something totally different www.cobbscanvas.com.au but we have just finished the 2 years required and have applied for PR. The downside is, they give you a timeline when you arrive and say that PR takes 3 months. I have just had an acknowledgement for all the paperwork (over 100 sheets of information) and they have said it could take 9 months!!!!! This just does not seem right as it is eating into our "temporary visa time" and should there be any problems we would have no time left on the visa to rectify it!!

There is not much about unless you want a cafe, hairdressers or some kind of franchise, or unless you want to spend megabucks. Anyway i'll be selling up once we get PR so I'll have a cheap business for sale...lol

Hope this helps, let me know if i can help further.

• 8 months later...

Hi Scottie, things are good mate. The business did the required turnover and we were granted PR just before xmas last yr. A lot of messing and red tape tho, they dont make it easy. Think i'll sell up now and do something else....like go golfing...lol

Maybe you could, its very easy to run and the lady that does the manufacturing will stay on or train you or your missus up to take over from her, she has been with this company 15yrs. i'm selling at a very reasonable price too, minimum investment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...