Our leaving party is booked!

kellyjamie

Morning all,

Well after a few problems, we have finally got the rugby club booked for a leaving party on 26th Nov:yes:

We were originally having a large family meal i had paid to have special aussie invites printed and sent for the restaraunt to call last week and say its double booked!!!! so ive spent all week trying to find a new venue and decided to make it a party instead. So finally got a local rugby club, sigh of relief as we have family already booked flights to come up. I ordered some decs from an online company and they arrived yesterday and they are brilliant, include a 40 question quiz on oz for everyone to take part in.

Not ashamed to say i had a few tears yesterday going through the decs, tears of happiness may i add, we got aussie road signs, boomerangs, aussie posters, bunting, hugeaussie flag, bunting of aussie flags, welcome to the outback sign, inflatable roo and new invites!

put the house in hands of letting agent getting total wakos doing ourselves! spoke with my boy explained my side of the story so he knows whats happening, think he,ll join us in 2 years after exams, im sure of it:jiggy:

So were pretty much good to go, only 14weeks left till we fly to brissy cant believe this time last year we thought we would never get to australia, if you want it badly enough never give up xx

Hi and sounds like your going to have a good send off! May i ask please is your son not coming with you and how old, who will he stay with, how do you cope with the desicion etc.....?

I often think of having a leaving do for family and friends but it's final isn't it and not sure i could cope with all the emotions etc..... but as my 2 older brothers went nearly 8 years ago AND A WEEK APART with there children (2 each) there leaving party was very emotional and happy too. Not sure i could see my mum go through that again as we are the only ones left in UK now.

Having said that, how else do you say goodbye to your parents anyway when your moving to the other side of the world???? God, i dont even want to think about it, also my 2 eldest are 21 and 23 and they are not coming with us just yet, so they are always on my mind. We plan to go sept 2012 but they want to come over when they are a bit older.

Any way, good luck with your move and hope to see one day your arrival report on PIO!!

Take care.:hug:

Guest Guest16631

......................brilliant news.................................good luck to you and yours...............tink x

Guest guest37336

Well done Kelly.

Have a GREAT time, but one word:

'Kleenex', and used for the 'right' reasons may I add.:unsure:

Enjoy matey, soon enough you will be there and I'm sure making a go of it.:jiggy::yes:

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Archived