100 reasons why not to move to Australia

hia

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what..?

You are now following posts and commenting on them from someone who has a history of 5 posts.

My question is simply are you fishing for another troll or feeding one?

You are now following posts and commenting on them from someone who has a history of 5 posts.

My question is simply are you fishing for another troll or feeding one?

Sounds like i was probably feeding then, I dont know much about sydney except that it can be very expensive, Sydney isnt where im going if i come over so even if those prices are true then it doesnt really matter to me

www.realestate.com.au

and i definitely don't work for DIAC....but a fairly basic place to start for anybody even dreaming of a move,

where can i live?

what does it cost?

can i get a job that pays that much?

Thats before considering 'oooh the weathers lovely'

'ahhh i love cuddly koalas'

'oh barbies are sooo great'

Guest guest59177
I do try

But I notice how you cannot help but keep coming back to see how things are going, so really you are showing some interest :biggrin:

You're getting the feeling of 'me coming back...' cuz during the weekdays I am in the office and this weekend I have been catching up on sleep. Haven't done much today except sleeing. And the past few hours catching up on threads :biggrin: If I had the time and energy I'd be around always :wubclub:

Yeah I've already been looking at houses mainly in perth. Still trying to find a sponsor for dave so not sure how much he would earn but it they only sponsorship for him seems to be in the mines so i imagine the wage would be good. It's all only at the very early stages anyway, but its still good to do lots of research

You're getting the feeling of 'me coming back...' cuz during the weekdays I am in the office and this weekend I have been catching up on sleep. Haven't done much today except sleeing. And the past few hours catching up on threads :biggrin: If I had the time and energy I'd be around always :wubclub:

we cant get rid of you now lol only joking :tongue:

Guest guest59177
'ahhh i love cuddly koalas'

Koalas ain't cuddly :policeman:

You couldn't take them in your arms (there is a sign in the zoo warning you not to do it cuz the cling like it's the last thing they'll ever do and its difficult to get them off after that) AND the fur feels like a sheep's oil fur. It's kinda soft, but NOTHING compared to kangaroos. Now kangaroos -> ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :wubclub:

Koalas ain't cuddly :policeman:

You couldn't take them in your arms (there is a sign in the zoo warning you not to do it cuz the cling like it's the last thing they'll ever do and its difficult to get them off after that) AND the fur feels like a sheep's oil fur. It's kinda soft, but NOTHING compared to kangaroos. Now kangaroos -> ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :wubclub:

You can in Queensland, its perfectly acceptable for kids to get food poisoning from Queenslander koalas.

and kangaroos tend to say tutt, tutt, tutt, tutt...which translates as 'the the convicts have the kids tied up in the old mine and the dam's about to burst' (in dolphin thats eeeeeeeeee, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, eeeeeeeeeee, eeeeeeeeeek, eeek, eek, eeeeeek)

You can in Queensland, it perfectly acceptable for kids to get food poisoning from Queenslander koalas.

and kangaroos tend to say tutt, tutt, tutt, tutt...which translates as 'the the convicts have the kids tied up in the old mine and the damns about to burst' (in dolphin thats eeeeeeeeee, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, eeeeeeeeeee, eeeeeeeeeek, eeek, eek, eeeeeek)

:biglaugh: i liked that one!

Guest sh7t man no way

australia is 2 far away from family,and friends:no:in the uk--it costs a fortune just 2 visit--and the foods not as nice in oz--plus theres not much real sport of interest in oz 2 stimulate the english i feel--other than that oz is not 2 bad one feels

australia is 2 far away from family,and friends:no:in the uk--it costs a fortune just 2 visit--and the foods not as nice in oz--plus theres not much real sport of interest in oz 2 stimulate the english i feel--other than that oz is not 2 bad one feels

I also heard that it's full of Australians and has wild Koala's roaming the streets looking for trouble :biggrin:

Some see your first point as a benefit of Australia (not me though *cough*).

Guest sh7t man no way
I also heard that it's full of Australians and has wild Koala's roaming the streets looking for trouble :biggrin:

Some see your first point as a benefit of Australia (not me though *cough*).

aye them bluddy aussie there everywhere in australia:arghh:as for the koalas--bluddy vicious things-they should be shot like them there Skippy things--aye other than the aussies living there,and the dammed wildlife--its a great place 2 live one feels:wink:perhaps all the aussies could move 2 new zealand:wideeyed:they would love that:biggrin:

aye them bluddy aussie there everywhere in australia:arghh:as for the koalas--bluddy vicious things-they should be shot like them there Skippy things--aye other than the aussies living there,and the dammed wildlife--its a great place 2 live one feels:wink:perhaps all the aussies could move 2 new zealand:wideeyed:they would love that:biggrin:

Would could ask the queen to have them there colonials move on! :biglaugh:

Guest sh7t man no way

Would could ask the queen to have them there colonials move on! :biglaugh:
thank god for the kiwis--aussies hate them more than the poms--i think queensland should be given 2 the poms,and queenslanders should all move 2 tasmania:shocked:gee in queensland they dont even like tassies:wideeyed:will PM the queen with our recommendations:laugh:

Does anybody know if they have things like 'public libraries', 'museums', 'universities'. 'theatres', 'operas' (didn't they build The Sydney Opera House to film 'Home & Away' in?) in Australia? I understand the population is only 23 million and that is FAR too small to support any civilized institutions.

i think queensland should be given 2 the poms

It was - in the 1800s! :biggrin:

and queenslanders should all move 2 tasmania:shocked:gee in queensland they dont even like tassies:wideeyed

They're just wimps, those Queenslanders - reckon it's too cold down here.:biglaugh:

Buddy, sorry to post off topic, but if it takes you 25 years to get a PR, then you better plant your boot strongly on the backside of the immigration attorney / firm/employer you are using to pursue the process. I obtained my GC in 6.5 years flat from the date of landing up.

I have never heard of a 25 year PR case.....

The US offers a very unbiased opportunities for skilled personnel and the sky is the limit, which is also the case for Australia.

A big advantage to the Ozzie process is the time taken to obtain a Permanent residency is super fast. You get from Zero to Visa within 12 months, which is probably the fastest globally(NZ or canada might vie for the top spot as well). Life changer in a year, is a good option to have.

People ought to be taking advantage of this while it lasts, rather than cribbing about the opportunity...

The US is not similar to Australia in terms of immigration process. In US you are dependant on the employers and they control your life and the US immigration system is so backlogged that I don't see my PR in the near future. I am in a category for which the current priority date is July 2002 (so people with priority day before or on that date can only get or apply for the adjustment of status). The movement is 1 week at a time in the current scenario. So the prediction is that for my Priority date to become current I will have to wait for another 18 years.

This has nothing to do with the lawyers/agent. Thats the reason instead of worrying/cribbing I have started with my Australian immigration application. US immigration law requires a huge overhaul but that will not happen in the near future.

Guest guest59177
The US is not similar to Australia in terms of immigration process. In US you are dependant on the employers and they control your life and the US immigration system is so backlogged that I don't see my PR in the near future. I am in a category for which the current priority date is July 2002 (so people with priority day before or on that date can only get or apply for the adjustment of status). The movement is 1 week at a time in the current scenario. So the prediction is that for my Priority date to become current I will have to wait for another 18 years.

This has nothing to do with the lawyers/agent. Thats the reason instead of worrying/cribbing I have started with my Australian immigration application. US immigration law requires a huge overhaul but that will not happen in the near future.

Yeah well it depends on which tier you are in. And in this respect Australia has many similarities. For example, the poor category 5 people don't even know whether they will ever get processed or not!!! Similarly, if you apply for a parent visa, they wait time is currently 20 years. And if you want to avoid that, you need to pony up AUD 30000/- It's just that Australia is currently welcoming lots of different occupations. That's all there is to it.

Yeah well it depends on which tier you are in. And in this respect Australia has many similarities. For example, the poor category 5 people don't even know whether they will ever get processed or not!!! Similarly, if you apply for a parent visa, they wait time is currently 20 years. And if you want to avoid that, you need to pony up AUD 30000/- It's just that Australia is currently welcoming lots of different occupations. That's all there is to it.

Thats the issue right, in Australia as an applicant you can determine your tier based on your eligibility but in the US the EB2/EB3 is a dark area. The employers are the one controling it and if they put you in EB3 then you are stuck for ever in spite of you belonging in EB2. Anyways no point in crying over the spilt milk, I am done with this country. US has given me lots but also has been pretty frustrating at different levels. I am ready to move on if not to Australia then to my home country. At least I will be peaceful not worrying about the countless visa extensions and revalidations we have to go through in spite of being completely legal with a clean record but the illegals in the country have no such worries as the government wants to make them legal by giving them the PR.