Coast - places to stay

MikeW

Hi, been here three months now and looking to go to the coast for the first time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to stay? We have two kids (9 and 6).

Looking for good camp sites\chalets\b & b\hotel near a beach.

Thanks,

Mike.

If you're talking Nr Canberra I can't recommend Mollymook enough. Also Ulladulla. I liked pretty beach, its in a national park you can camp/stay in chalet. Kangaroos live on the beach!

I should have said, I meant the NSW coast nearest to Canberra!

Thanks for confirming Mollymook, Ulladulla I had heard these areas were good. I had also heard Eden was good too. Will look into Cape Conran too although I think that's too far.

Thanks!

Mike.

All depends what you want the coast to be. If you want bustle and people then Ulladulla, Mollymook are great - loads of very nice restaurants in that area. Personally I like the south better - from Tathra down to Merimbula although that has got very bustly and busy of late. For the total peace and quiet you could do worse than Mallacoota but I much prefer the southern coast - it's around 4 hours but for "nothing" there are places like Marlo just out of Orbost.

We went to Mollymook out of season and it was lovely. No one around and the apartment we found on lastminute.com was gorgeous. If you google Big 4 they have camps all over. We did the parrot feeding and played crazy golf there - good fun :D

Hi Mike, this time of year you want to be heading up the coast for warmer weather - Kiama is very nice.

The Big4 campsites are all pretty good & if you get a 2 year membership for $50 you get a discount on every booking, our favourite site is at Nelligen which is about 10kms before Batemans Bay - its on the river rather than the beach but the pitches are right next to the water & its one of the few sites that allow you to have a camp fire.

You coming to Tidbinbilla on Sunday? will catch you there if you are..

Guest SoloRenegade

I can agree with what some have already said, Pambula, Merimbula and Eden are all worth a visit. Eden has an amazing look out as well. Batemans Bay and the coast line north and south from there is worth a visit and some exploration. I think it has something for everyone, quiet beaches, hidden retreats and the busy shop fronts on the waters edge... We're still exploring and will do more of it through the summer.

Hi, been here three months now and looking to go to the coast for the first time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to stay? We have two kids (9 and 6).

Looking for good camp sites\chalets\b & b\hotel near a beach.

Thanks,

Mike.

I agree with the others, Mollymook, Jervis Bay, Merimbula, they're all lovely, and Bateman's Bay is good too if you don't want to travel so far. Merimbula in particular has lots of kids activities.

As far as accommodation I suggest you look at the stayz website and rent a holiday house.

http://www.stayz.com.au/

You might struggle to find much in the school holidays, it usually books up well ahead.

Archived