mater children's hospital, Brisbane

traceyd

Hi all,

I am a paediatric nurse, and looking at emigrating to Adelaide. However, I keep on looking at the Mater hospital in Brisbane which is very tempting as they offer a relocation package. Does anyone have any advice about the Mater hospital, anyone who works there and what it is like as it is private and I have only worked in NHS hospitals. Thanks

Hi all,

I am a paediatric nurse, and looking at emigrating to Adelaide. However, I keep on looking at the Mater hospital in Brisbane which is very tempting as they offer a relocation package. Does anyone have any advice about the Mater hospital, anyone who works there and what it is like as it is private and I have only worked in NHS hospitals. Thanks

Hi Tracey ...

You could try sending a private message on here to lynnes as she is a paed nurse there - I'm sure she'll be able to give you loads of info.

HI Tracy.. i'm just off to work but will be happy to fill you in later when i get home. The Mater has both a private and public sector and I work in the public side. Its a busy ward and can get a bit frustrating at time just like any hospital. But on the whole I do enjoy it. I'll give you more info later as i'm runnig late.... no change there lol