Down Under Live

CGregory

We were looking at going to the one at Birmingham on the 24th, not sure what to expect, we have our visa already so just going for the job element of it. I think alot of the info will be aimed towards people who dont have visa's already tho.... but its worth a look. We will have to be in brum later in the afternoon anyway as were going to see Lee Evans so can make a day of it..

Guest fultonclan
Hi,

Heading to the 'Down Under Live' in London this weekend after reading an advert in Australia & New Zealand magazine I've started to buy.

Anyone been to anything like this before, not sure what to expect or whether it will be any good?

Cheers

We went to the one in Birmingham in feb this year before we started the process and we were able to gather up quite alot of info. We're going to the one in Birmingham again on the 24th sept now things have moved along a bit for us, like someone else stated though, prepare for it to be busy! It was when we went! xx

Hi all,

Visited 'Down under live' in London yesterday.

We found this to be very helpful, wasn't really sure what to expect but for my husband and I who are just starting to look into moving to OZ it was great.

We collected lots of useful information from various stands and spoke to so many people, gained some good advice and great tips that we came away feeling very optimistic about the whole thing.

You definitely need to be prepared for queueing for some stands. Unfortunately we missed some of the talks due to being in a Que but the one we did catch about jobs and updating a CV was good.

I think there may be another event coming up in London later this year and we will most likely attend that show to. Not sure if its run by the same people, it may have been Expo but can't remember I need to check.

Went to a similar thing a few years ago in Leeds. It was about as useful as a dose of syphilis.

Each to their own but I would recommend anyone who may be spending money on this (ticket, travel etc) to seriously think about it. The info you get can very easily be found for free on the Internet, on here or from a free initial consulation with a migration agent.

We found going to this event very helpful.

As I said before we weren't sure what to expect but the tickets only cost £10 each and we gained so much information on the day and good tips from one of the talks we managed to listen to plus we spoke to various people including emmigration agents. One in particular who gave us so much free advice that we now believe husband can apply for a visa without an agent.

Sure we will keep checking this website, its also been a great source of information for us but were not able to sit in front of a computer for hours each day to find the same information we gained in the one day.

Archived