Emotions kicking in

paulswin

HI guys, well we've got our tickets booked now for 20th Jan and I'm starting to feel is this the right thing to do what if hubby and I cant find a job to support the family. I'm really worried as we're taking all our things and dog and the what if we cant make it is kicking in and we have to come back, will I get the kids back into their school etc we're already tight on the money front as it is. We're renting our house out so thats a back up plan. I guess I'm not the only one with these feelings but I wish I had a crystal ball! Stressing and we're not even there yet!!!!!!!!!

HI guys, well we've got our tickets booked now for 20th Jan and I'm starting to feel is this the right thing to do what if hubby and I cant find a job to support the family. I'm really worried as we're taking all our things and dog and the what if we cant make it is kicking in and we have to come back, will I get the kids back into their school etc we're already tight on the money front as it is. We're renting our house out so thats a back up plan. I guess I'm not the only one with these feelings but I wish I had a crystal ball! Stressing and we're not even there yet!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

You seem to be worrying more about what happens if you decide to come back rather than what an adventure you are going on and that this may well be the best thing you have ever done, dont worry about the jobs yet as that will sort itself out when you start settling in, having said all of that i completly understand your thoughts and i reckon they are normal but just try to look at all the positives. :wubclub:

oh trust me you are defo not alone! no no no , we are the exact same as you right now, jmaies hardly slept the past 3 nites worried. were just scared we dont get work, as we are also renting our house out, but i reckon we just all go for it right! it,ll work out and we are some of the lucky ones we have the visa and were off to start the next chapter of our lives! cmon were all gonna be fine when we arrive sit back look out at the ocean with a vino in hand and realise weve made the best move for us and our families!:hug:

oh trust me you are defo not alone! no no no , we are the exact same as you right now, jmaies hardly slept the past 3 nites worried. were just scared we dont get work, as we are also renting our house out, but i reckon we just all go for it right! it,ll work out and we are some of the lucky ones we have the visa and were off to start the next chapter of our lives! cmon were all gonna be fine when we arrive sit back look out at the ocean with a vino in hand and realise weve made the best move for us and our families!:hug:

:yes: Thats the spirit:yes:

Guest blackwater

You are absolutely not alone. TBH the past two days here have been awful, i am having panic attacks thinking is this the right thing for us and especially the kids 11 and almost 13, will they settle, make friends, hate us for making them do this???? My son will be starting secondary school I think when we get over and he is hasn't started here so thats another worry.

We are flying from Dublin to Brisbane in January and I find it completley overwhelming. One minute I am excited the next holding back the tears.

We are not going over to a job but I think it will be fine. I only know that if we don't do it we will regret not having tried. I know Australia is not the land of dreams but things are really not good in Ireland at the moment and this is a second chance but even so the temptation is there to stay with the devil you know, but as hard as this is going to be I keep imagining us as a happy family living in Brisbane six months down the line.

Life is for living and by God we are going to try this even if it does mean that my oh and 2 kids have to sedate me and drag me onto this plane lol Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :)

i am off on the 9th nov and getting worried as hubby has to find a job\house etc plus need to get all ou stuff shipped!

i was in sainsburys this afternoon and just thought in 2 months i will no longer be doing this and going to a new place where i know nothing!!!

Everyone feels the exact same, go and enjoy yourself and it is a great adventure....remember..we are only on this mortal coil for a short time and we might as well enjoy ourselves and have an adventure.:cute: whats the worst that can happen? you come back, at least you have tried and had a great life experience for you and the kids...I bet you stay in Oz.

Guest Chris n Lou

We're in the same boat,

We've decided to rent the house out as we're having no joy selling it, and have to be out Nov 10th. We haven't booked the flights, accommodation, shipping yet, although we have it all planned.... I suppose as soon as this is done the panic can really start!

We have decided to head for Perth, job or not, and miserable weeks like we have had recently mean it can't come quick enough and it will be nice for the kids to play outside a bit more!!

I just hope I can find work quickly enough and that we can get our eldest into a decent school.

I am sure it will work out though, fingers crossed

Guest guest36187

We felt the same seven years ago when we came! I went "full immersion" into Aussie life! People think aus and UK are alike. They drive on the same side of the road and speak the same lingo! The rest is different!

It is an experience, fun and much more. You'll have tears, laughs and you'll cry. There are good days, bad days and bloody great ones!

Guest Chris n Lou

Ha yeah, I get the feeling we will fully immerse ourselves into the Aus way of life.

We are expecting the full range of emotions, just hope the good one come out on top.

Chris

I just Googled 'first impressions of Australia' to see if there was anything to reassure you and this was the first one I found.

swiftheader.png

Written on July 12, 2011 at 6:07 am by Jennie

First Impressions of Australia

Filed under Australia, Travelling {15 Comments and 5 Reactions}

google_icon.png

X

Welcome Googler! If you find this page useful, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.

You were searching forPosts relating to "first impressions of australia". See posts relating to your search »« Hide related posts

• In happier news…
    Vancouver is the world's best place to live, a survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has found. The EIU...
  • Australia
    I have officially turned down the PhD position and scholarships in Perth. I was supposed to move there by the...
  • Catalan Tutorial, Affiliate Program, and Australia Photos
    Thanks to Jonathan, we have another Romance language tutorial on ielanguages.com: Catalan! Catalan is spoken by 11.5 million people, mostly...
  • First Impressions of Australia
    I arrived in Australia a week ago today! These were my first thoughts: This is winter? Everyone speaks with such an adorable...
  • Multicultural and Multilingual Australia
    One of the many reasons why I love Australia: an official Multicultural Policy From the government's Multicultural Policy released in February...