Shipping 6 tea cartons - who to choose?

eweasel

We are looking to ship about 6 tea cartons of belongings (mainly the kids toys and books) when we migrate in February.

I have found a few names that people have used in the past but was wondering who people have used recently.

Also have tried to get a quote from Seven Seas but can't get any further then the first page - has anyone one else had this problem?

Many thanks for any thoughts :wink:

Est

We're using Seven Seas for 10 tea chests, a bike and a guitar, £400, been very good so far....have just finished packing boxes and they're coming back to take them this week

Does that £400 include all the charges on the Aussie side too - looking at their website I couldn't workout what all the additional cost were going to add up to and whether there were customs cost. I see that they say there is an inspection charge is this the only cost your expecting to pay?

They do seem very reasonable and I have seen lots of recommendations and no negatives for Seven Seas - I'm undecided between them and Anglo Pacific at the moment

When are you leaving? If you would mind letting me know how you get on I'd very much appreciate it

Thanks

Est

Its a large cardboard box, they give the dimensions on the websites

its about 41x51x61cm for Seven Sea with a maximum weight of 40kgs. Some other shippers like Anglo Pacific have larger boxes but limit the weight to 30kg so thats something to keep in mind too :wacko:

Est

Thats the cost from this end, and theres a customs inspection fee at the other end of a couple of hundred dollars, cant remember the exact quote, got it written on one of my many lists somewhere!! We go on 11th Oct, so shipping now so hopefully stuff arrives in Nov, will let you know how we go on. Good luck with yours, when do you go?

Thats the cost from this end, and theres a customs inspection fee at the other end of a couple of hundred dollars, cant remember the exact quote, got it written on one of my many lists somewhere!! We go on 11th Oct, so shipping now so hopefully stuff arrives in Nov, will let you know how we go on. Good luck with yours, when do you go?

Oh I sooooo wish we were going in October!!! We are currently planning on the end of February - but may go sooner seeing the weather turning cold, our son started school today and I'm due to start back at work tomorrow after maternity leave (its a gloomy day today :sad:)

Still I hope all goes well for you and yes please let us know how you get on :jiggy:

Where are you heading to?

Est

Archived