Job Market for Pakistani CA in Australia-

Saad Bashir

I am a Pakistani CA with around 11 years audit experience (Internal/External). I would like to ask whether the Pakistani CA has a job market in Australia ? is yes, which state is suggested ? in case, no-then i am planning to go for CPA Australia will that help and will i be able to get any exemptions on the basis of my current qualification?

Saad

You should be able to find work in any state as a CPA (or CA) so it pretty much depends on what sort of lifestyle you'd prefer. Given population size usually determines size of job market (apart from mining) your best options are going to be Sydney and Melbourne.

With respect to recognition of qualifications and experience, your best bet is to start by contacting the relevant industry body, here is the link:

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks !! i tried to visit the site but Chartered Accountant from Pakistan does not get any exemptions for ICAA - any idea about CPA exemptions? -cant find them, neither could i find whether i can sit in the CPA Australia exams online i.e. from Pakistan etc. or do i have visit Australia for this qualification-just trying to get an Australian qualification prior to landing there:)

not sure whether ill be able to get a job with my current Qualification!!:(

• 2 months later...
Guest hussain

Hello Saad,

I am also a member of ICAP. Just got my evaluation done from CPA Australia. They gave a waiver from work experience requirements and gave exemptions from the foundation level (except for one paper which i have asked them to reconsider)

As per their website you can take the exams from within pakistan.

Regards

Ali

• 8 months later...
Guest asadjbr

Helloo Saad,

I am also member of ICAP and got the same assessment from CPA that I have to give one paper of foundation level and all the papers of Porfessional level. They have recognised my PwC experience and I am not required to fulfill any training requirements.

Now I am also planning to request them to reconsider the level of exemptions coz i think we (Pakistani CAs) deserve more exemptions... but before that i saw ur post. It would be really helpful if you can share that what was the outcome of your request.. did CPA gave u more exemption??

Awaiting for your reply!

Hello Saad,

I am also a member of ICAP. Just got my evaluation done from CPA Australia. They gave a waiver from work experience requirements and gave exemptions from the foundation level (except for one paper which i have asked them to reconsider)

As per their website you can take the exams from within pakistan.

Regards

Ali

• 7 years later...
13 hours ago, Zarwa said:

Please answer my question it’s really important for me

Hi Zarwa, I would say it's a tough market for accountants here & all depends purely on your luck. You might have to gain some local experience through volunteering jobs first to break the ice .. I would say focus on getting a local qualification along with volunteering in an accounting firm (small one). I understand living here is not cheaper so you might have to find casual work (odd jobs) to cover your daily living exp.

Hope that helps!  

13 hours ago, Zarwa said:

I am ca inter and did B.A economics from Punjab university as well and also I have completed my articles from A ca Pakistani firm ..I want to know that would I get any job in Australia 

You can’t get a job without a visa so your first step is to see if you can get a visa. 

There are plentiful well qualified accountants in Australia already so it is very hard to get a visa

• Like 1