Shall I move?

Guest poppycariad

Guest poppycariad

Hey, my names Poppy and I'm 14 (15 in november)

I am debating whether to move to live with my older sister and her family in Perth but have loads of questions :S

I'm about to go into yr 10 and start my GCSE's but I know nothing about how GCSE's work in oz?

Also for anyone who has already made the move, is it easy to make friends?

I think a fresh start over there would really do me good but I'm kinda nervous...

What's school like? (for people my age)

Any advice would be great (:

Poppy oxox

GCSEs dont work in Australia - foreign country, different system altogether. The last two years of school (11 &12) are most important and you start year 11 when you are either just turned or just about to turn 16.

Moving back to UK once you have stepped off the GCSE merry go round is very difficult so if it doesnt work out with your sister you would find it hard to get back into the UK system.

Can you get a visa to go and live with your sister? That could be an issue. If you have to go as an international student they your school fees will be around $10k pa and that is a lot of money to have to fork out for the next 3 or 4 years.

Making friends is as easy or difficult as you find it in UK. Year 9 girls can be b*tches anywhere in the world I think!

Hey so obviously first i think you would need to sort your visa out and everything!

But I'm 16 and moved here 6 weeks ago to Brisbane and started school a few weeks ago. All the people are really nice and welcoming and I'm settling in! :) I had to do my GCSES before I came here and if you have to chance of not doing them i'd recommend it! :L But it's true that if you wanted to move back to the UK it'd be hard if you didn't have any GCSES so it's up to you. :) I'm enjoying school and was surprised with how nice everyone was! :)

Elise xx

Archived