AFP - Australian Police Checks - Timescales for processing

Dorsetgirl1

Guest Baazighar
Hi, anyone requested an Australian Police Check lately? The website says it takes 3 weeks - wondered if they actually take that long to come back....thanks

I couriered my application on 16th July, it reached Oz on 22nd July, they processed and sent my ceretificate back on 27th July. It took 10 days to reach me, as they sent in thru ordinary post. Hope it helps.

Good Luck

PS: They actually took 2-3 days as they received my application on weekend.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for this - much quicker than the stated processing times then...fingers crossed mine will be the same. Just want this 457 so I meet the start date required.

Hey I just wondered whether you got your police check and if so did you upload it as it was as mine is a copy in black and white - that's all they sent me. Or did you certify it? X

Hey I just wondered whether you got your police check and if so did you upload it as it was as mine is a copy in black and white - that's all they sent me. Or did you certify it? X

I just colour scanned and uploaded the AFP check as it was sent as, never got it certified and got visa granted next day.

I just colour scanned and uploaded the AFP check as it was sent as, never got it certified and got visa granted next day.

Thanks for the reply :)

Was yours a colour copy then? Mine has come through the post as a copy...so can't really get it certified anyways as its a copy lol x

Archived