Policy analyst jobs in ACT?

Guest Youngs2

Guest Youngs2

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into moving to Oz (Canberra) on a 176 ACT sponsored visa. I qualify for the GSM as a policy analyst / project manager. I've looked on line and the majority of posts require federal clearance that means citizenship. I understand that citizenship isn't required to work for the State and some consultancy companies. Is this correct? Is anyone else in / been in a similar situation and what have been their experiences in finding jobs? I hold DV clearance in the UK but unfortunetly it is none transferable.

P.S. I am waiting to hear back from a potential employer about whether or not they can sponsor my visa. They are a small outfit and have said they will have to look into what will be required of them and the impact it will have on their resources.

Grateful for any advice!

Stuart

The APS is probably going to be out because you do require citizenship for permanent appointment. ACT government takes permanent residents so you might be OK there. You may have difficulty with some of the higher levels security clearances so it rather depends on the job and what level of clearance you will need.

• 7 months later...

I am also planning to get SS for ACT as Policy Analyst.

Can anyone guide me what qualification is necessary for it.I have done my Masters in Dev Economics form ANU and thinks that it is relavant...

Any body can help me guide????????