Visiting Melbourne with short business visa subclass 456

shaaq

Hello, i am a doctor by profession and will be coming to Melbourne late December/Early January to give my AMC clinical exam due in late Feb/early March . I will have business short stay subclass 456 visa which allows me to stay in Australia for upto 3months with multiple entries for a year. hopefully, after successful completion of my exam,ill be searching a job there and will be permanently settling there. But i have nothing planned as yet,that is why im very confused, and need some guidance.

1) I know not a single soul on Aussie land and will be coming alone. Can anyone guide how much will be the expense monthly (considering i will not be able to work with subclass 456 visa)

2) How to get a place to live for at least 3 months before reaching australia?

3) Which is a nice place to settle initially?

4) is there some way to open a bank account before coming to Australia?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

I may ask other questions when they come in my mind

Regards

Welcome. Where will you be based in Melbourne? Short term furnished rentals are more expensive but if you are going to be here for a certain period of time probably get a weekly rate.

People are generally very friendly and there is a group on here who have regular meet ups.

thanks for replying.. at the moment im just searching for a place to live through google map (as ive know idea which place to go to) ... so maybe u can suggest a place? and idea how much it will cost me weekly? and from where to look out for a place to live? i searched gumtree, its an excellent website but i dont think someone like outside australia can use it...so im confused how to get a place before reaching...

Archived