New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

What a fantastic day it is today - not only is it my first day off work for the Xmas Break (not back til the 4th) and I think we will get the missives on our house sale concluded this week, but woke up this morning to a

DIRECT VISA GRANT (22/12/11)!!!!!!! :chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox:

Even though I was hoping it would come through before Xmas, I'm still in shock - good shock might I add!!!

Just as a bit of additional info, e-mail came in from a senior CO from Team 2 and my first entry date is 04 November 2012, which was the date my front loaded meds were finalised. Also, on the 'Electronic Application Status Page' my application still says 'processing commenced' and all documents still show as required, however under each person it say 'Applicant approved' and the visa entitlement details are there - so guys, don't panic if you don't see any movement on this page, it means nothing!!

I want to thank everyone in this forum (and the last one Tania!) as it's been a real lifeline - I'm heading away to visit family over Xmas so won't be on, but will definitely pop back in when I'm back to see how everyone else is doing!!!!

GOOD LUCK ALL THOSE WHO WAITING - IT'S ONLY ROUND THE CORNER!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your visa :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Merry christmas!!! :xmas12:

Wholly agree with you Patrick but I think it was expected that 175's would slow down in Dec due to the holiday season, from what I gather Jan will probably be the same as the holiday season tends to extend to the end of Jan in Oz....

On the flip side I think they have done well to get to where they are at.....

All the best everyone...have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......

PS does anyone know how long the processing centres are closed for?

Junior Member avatar62641_1.gif

Join Date Dec 2011

Posts 9

Liked 2 times

Rep reputation_pos.png

[h=2]DIAC christmas holidays[/h]

Hey guys.. just saw this on a thread somewhere else. Gives an idea of the days when DIAC will be closed for Christmas and New yr

**NOTIFICATION OF CHRISTMAS CLOSURE**

This year the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Adelaide office) will be closed Monday 26 December 2011, Tuesday 27 December 2011 and Wednesday 28 December 2011. It will re-open on Thursday 29 December 2011 and Friday 30 December 2011.

The office will then be closed again on Monday 2 January 2011. Normal services will resume on Tuesday 3 January 2012.

If you are travelling to enable an offshore visa decision, you must ensure that you either depart Australia on or before 23 December 2011 (if departing over the Christmas break) or ensure that you do not attempt to return before Friday 30 December 2011.

Wholly agree with you Patrick but I think it was expected that 175's would slow down in Dec due to the holiday season, from what I gather Jan will probably be the same as the holiday season tends to extend to the end of Jan in Oz....

On the flip side I think they have done well to get to where they are at.....

All the best everyone...have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......

PS does anyone know how long the processing centres are closed for?

Morning, just wanted to let you know that we are still on week 51 week 52 starts on 26th Dec.

Tania

Cheers Honeybun....thats good news they only closing for the public holidays, but I assume it will be skeleton staff on 29th/30th

Join Date Dec 2011

Posts 9

Liked 2 times

Rep reputation_pos.png

DIAC christmas holidays

Hey guys.. just saw this on a thread somewhere else. Gives an idea of the days when DIAC will be closed for Christmas and New yr

**NOTIFICATION OF CHRISTMAS CLOSURE**

This year the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Adelaide office) will be closed Monday 26 December 2011, Tuesday 27 December 2011 and Wednesday 28 December 2011. It will re-open on Thursday 29 December 2011 and Friday 30 December 2011.

The office will then be closed again on Monday 2 January 2011. Normal services will resume on Tuesday 3 January 2012.

If you are travelling to enable an offshore visa decision, you must ensure that you either depart Australia on or before 23 December 2011 (if departing over the Christmas break) or ensure that you do not attempt to return before Friday 30 December 2011.

Cheers Tania, I have updated the first post...

Morning, just wanted to let you know that we are still on week 51 week 52 starts on 26th Dec.

Tania

Guest higgers

Good morning everybody,

We've woken up this morning to an early Christmas present from Adelaide as well - VISA GRANTED !!

Have a great Christmas everyone. Hope you all get your grants soon!

This thread has been really helpful in getting a feel for the process. Thanks to all involved.

Chris

I think we also need to remember when we lodged our 175 visa applications we were expecting to wait 18-24 months for a visa. 175's are being processed within 6-9 months time. I am pleased with the speed the applications are being processed at but tbh when you read how quick others are being processed it does make you want them to hurry up with yours ;0)

Good morning everybody,

We've woken up this morning to an early Christmas present from Adelaide as well - VISA GRANTED !!

This thread has been really helpful in getting a feel for the process. Thanks to all involved.

Chris

Congratulations!!! x

Guest lavache

Dear all, Could you please add my details below:

Name: lavache

Date of Visa application: 15-06-2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: HR Adviser

Visa type: 176 FS

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July 2010 Category: 3

Post-1st July 2011 Category: 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: N/A

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: officially Not yet

Wecome to the thread, I have added your details to the first post and the spreadsheet...

Dear all, Could you please add my details below:

Name: lavache

Date of Visa application: 15-06-2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: HR Adviser

Visa type: 176 FS

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July 2010 Category: 3

Post-1st July 2011 Category: 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: N/A

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: officially Not yet

Maximum respect to you Bpremji for continuing the thread / spreadsheet.

A big thank you also to Tania.

You have both sacrificed your time in providing an invaluable service and I for one am very grateful.

I Will miss the buzz and excitement as everyone moves on after their grants. If all goes well I will be one of the last here to get a grant so I will make sure the lights are turned off in the waiting room / torture chamber.

Best of luck to all.

Guest waitingtogotooz

Just in case I dont get a chance to come on again before crimbo day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

:xmas3: :xmas12: :xmas7:

Good morning everybody,

Chris

Congratulations on your visa :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::xmas12:

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :smile:

I'm not sure if I should ask it here but in case you guys have any ideas...

I'm planning to get married early next year. :biggrin:

Would it affect my visa application if I add my hubby as dependent?

Or should I just wait after the visa grant and let my hubby apply for a partner visa?

cheers!!!

Guest dreamoz

Got my med finalised today.. very surprising, I though they were closed between 24-28th. Anyway, now I just hope the CO is kind enough to grant my visa next week.

Merry Christmas everyone!! I wish the Santa Claus gives all of you the magic grant letter tonight!

I am a July 1st applicant and have just received police checks back and want to front load them

to my online application.

Having logged in and even going on the document checklist page, I can't find anywhere

that you can attach documents.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :smile:

I'm not sure if I should ask it here but in case you guys have any ideas...

I'm planning to get married early next year. :biggrin:

Would it affect my visa application if I add my hubby as dependent?

Or should I just wait after the visa grant and let my hubby apply for a partner visa?

cheers!!!

I am not sure on that I would advise you to start a new thread and see if anyone else can help.

Hi all,my laptop was broken so I was little bit out order.

First of all thank you guys for keeping this thread alive! Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope your dreams come true soon!

Congratulations to all who get visa before Xmas,really best present ever!

Our meds were finalised 13.12. and PCC uploaded 23.12, so hi all in waiting room I hope we just will spend New Years Eve there and then many visas will be granted.good luck to all guys