New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Employment Verification :

Hi, I wanted to get some inputs on how the DIAC go about doing their employment verification :

Also, do they inform the applicant that they are doing a verification?

who do they normally call for verification?

Do they disclose to the employer that they are calling from the Australian immigration Or is it anonymous?

Any further inputs that you can share with me would be helpful.

Thank you all.

Hi Tania,

CO has been allocated to my application today (14/12/2011) .. have been requested for PCC and medicals.

My application date was 09/06/2011.

Thanks!

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: iluvoz

Date of Visa application: 09/06/2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: Category 3

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted: 14/12/11

Hey guys just wonderin, does anybody know if theres different categories within each priority? Ie in Cat 4 there are occupations that are processed faster than others? Was told by my agent that Cat 4 visas can take up to 24 mths for a CO to be assigned but from the looks of it it seems like its not??

Hi Tania,

We have been assigned a CO on 14-Dec-2011 and have been requested From 80, PCC, Medicals.

Name: dexulans

Date of Visa application: 30-May-2011

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker

Visa type:Subclass 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Assigned

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Done

Date visa granted:14/12/11

Hi guys, just a short update to say nothing has happened yet for us. Still no news from our CO... Probably already on Christmas holidays :mad:.

It would have been such a nice Christmas present...

It's good to see though that CO's are already allocated to June, it is going at such a quick pace! Congratulations!

Guest dexulans

Thanks Tania!

By the way you granted us the Visa, however DIAC has just assigned us just the CO :happy_face_mummy_go

Name: dexulans

Date of Visa application: 30-May-2011

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker

Visa type:Subclass 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Assigned

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Done

Date visa granted:14/12/11

Hi,

I explained my wife's situation to the DIAC and the CO allowed me to submit the meds when the baby is born. So that solved my problem and I will be waiting a bit longer (may be till next July) in the waiting room.

Cheers

Y.

Hey guys.. just saw this on a thread somewhere else. Gives an idea of the days when DIAC will be closed for Christmas and New yr

**NOTIFICATION OF CHRISTMAS CLOSURE**

This year the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Adelaide office) will be closed Monday 26 December 2011, Tuesday 27 December 2011 and Wednesday 28 December 2011. It will re-open on Thursday 29 December 2011 and Friday 30 December 2011.

The office will then be closed again on Monday 2 January 2011. Normal services will resume on Tuesday 3 January 2012.

If you are travelling to enable an offshore visa decision, you must ensure that you either depart Australia on or before 23 December 2011 (if departing over the Christmas break) or ensure that you do not attempt to return before Friday 30 December 2011.

FYI

Selling a house is SOOOO stressful!!

I phoned an agent on Tuesday to say that we want to sell our property and want them to start marketing it from January...but then the agent said he wants to see the property immediately as he knows of a couple that wants a property in OUR

complex. So yesterday agent had a look,brought potential buyers yesterday afternoon and informed me this morning that they want to put in an offer which he'll present to us tomorrow morning!:chatterbox:

Awesome right? But now a million things going through my head...thought it would take months,what if they can't get finance,where are we going to stay until the big move....The next step is always more stressful it seems:wacko:

We never even discussed with agent what we want for the property...so when I asked him what they want to offer its actually more than what we would have asked!

Head is spinning! What are the chances of the first couple that walks through your property actually making an offer...and getting finance...and allowing you to stay a bit longer..

Fingers crossed:chatterbox::err::wacko::jiggy:

Hi, I wanted to get some inputs on how the DIAC go about doing their employment verification :

Do they disclose to the employer that they are calling from the Australian immigration Or is it anonymous?

Thank you all.

Folks, any advise on the above query would be helpful....thanks

FYI

Selling a house is SOOOO stressful!!

Tell me about it I haven't slept for 2 nights :cry: any way I finally got a bit of good news that this person that was interested then was playing hard to get is now been in contact to say he just has to go to the bank to get his mortgage offer from the bank then he can proceed, we have also had a call from my agent to say that he had someone wanting to view next week but as we have an offer he now wants to come tomorrow, yeah I am really stressed ahhh

I phoned an agent on Tuesday to say that we want to sell our property and want them to start marketing it from January...but then the agent said he wants to see the property immediately as he knows of a couple that wants a property in OUR

complex. So yesterday agent had a look,brought potential buyers yesterday afternoon and informed me this morning that they want to put in an offer which he'll present to us tomorrow morning!:chatterbox:

Awesome right? But now a million things going through my head...thought it would take months,what if they can't get finance,where are we going to stay until the big move....The next step is always more stressful it seems:wacko:

We never even discussed with agent what we want for the property...so when I asked him what they want to offer its actually more than what we would have asked!

Head is spinning! What are the chances of the first couple that walks through your property actually making an offer...and getting finance...and allowing you to stay a bit longer..

Fingers crossed:chatterbox::err::wacko::jiggy:

Wow that is fantastic news.

Thank you all.

Hi Sekena,

I can only speak from our experience and close friends' :hug:

For employment verification and proof of further work experience we had to provide the following for at least 3 of the last 4 years:

Payslips, employment contract, any correspondence on official letterhead and a reference letter by manager or work colleague.

My husband's employer was never phoned so we were lucky as far as thats concerned. Also note that we are from HighRisk country.

My friend's employer however was phoned,without warning and the guy that phoned stated that he was phoning from the Australian High Commission but did not disclose the purpose of the call. He asked questions such as how long she's been employed there ,working hours per week and position held in company.

Hope this helps and sorry for taking so long to reply! Best of luck:wub:

And looks like they want to move in 01 March:wacko:

Oh my word! Everything is happening so quickly:chatterbox:

Congrats, i know it must be fast for you but it beats hanging around, waiting is sooooooooooo annoying. Good luck and hope it goes through smoothly :biggrin:

Tell me about it I haven't slept for 2 nights :cry: any way I finally got a bit of good news that this person that was interested then was playing hard to get is now been in contact to say he just has to go to the bank to get his mortgage offer from the bank then he can proceed, we have also had a call from my agent to say that he had someone wanting to view next week but as we have an offer he now wants to come tomorrow, yeah I am really stressed ahhh

That's great news Tania, you'll be on your way in no time :yes:

Guest Draecos

Holy moly, I only up loaded my Police check and Form 80s this evening. We just got our visa granted!!!!!

PURPLE ME AND PUMPKIN30 UP!!!!!!

YAY, early Christmas present!!!