New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest waitingtogotooz
Had the house Valued today :biggrin: hopefully be up on the market in the next few days, fingers crossed for a speedy sale :wubclub:

Good Luck :hug:

Thanks guys the visa stamp cost us about £11 in postage the stamp is FREE Unless you include the cost of the visa in that then it is expensive. "Good o" for the house, we need to start decking out the new waiting to sell room. I bet we are in hear a bit longer than a few weeks. GGGRRRRRR. Fingers crossed everyone.

Has anyone read on the 'Any regrets on moving back to the UK' thread? They are really slating Oz, I cant understand it.

read it

IMO you don't really know if you'll be able to settle happily until you try. But I also think that some people may feel that living in Oz is one big holiday. It is not, you still have to work and some things will be better and some things won't.

I think Oz is the right place for us to be, as do you. Otherwise we wouldn't go through all of this! And I don't believe we will want to go back. But you can't be sure.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/breaking-news/australian-dream-fades-for-brits-report/story-e6frg12u-1226206531182

Guest Lori2011
Has anyone read on the 'Any regrets on moving back to the UK' thread? They are really slating Oz, I cant understand it.

I read a similar one...I think most of the posts were from people from the UK complaining about the weather, how a hot christmas didn't feel like christmas at all, and home sickness symptoms..they missed friends, family, etc....I also think they expected it to be like an extended holiday.

Don't worry, You've made a decission, go for it and don't let other people tell you otherwise, it is better to commit mistakes on your own than being mistaken listening to others....that is only my personal opinion, hope it helps.

Guest Lori2011

OK people, I have to take in person the passports to the embassy to have them stamped, it is free, however, the closest parking lot is expensive.

On other matters, I haven't found a moving service, at least, not a reliable one....geez, don't know what to do, don't know my options, people from my country rarely go to Australia, so there aren't any services available and movers look unexperienced, I don't know what my options are...maybe I should post it in another thread, just wanted to share with you because we've been together in this process for many months.

Guest waitingtogotooz

I know my reasons for going and it certainly is not for a holiday. It just amazes me how they can move there one minute then come home and say bad things about it, they should kinda respect Australia as a country and the way of life over there. Maybe they should have done more research?, we all know what we are leaving behind etc. For me one of the main reasons is for my children and for their future. This country is getting worse and I dont want them growing up in it.

Guest AndyH78

There will be many many people that moved to Oz happily, and are settled there. They probably don't post on PomsinOz anymore. Why would you?

There was an article on the BBC the other day about less people moving to Oz these days, and pointing out that it wasn't the land of milk and honey many expected.

No mention of the fact that people just can't afford to these days because of the exchange rate crash, and the fact a lot of people will now be in negative equity on their houses.......

I know my reasons for going and it certainly is not for a holiday. It just amazes me how they can move there one minute then come home and say bad things about it, they should kinda respect Australia as a country and the way of life over there. Maybe they should have done more research?, we all know what we are leaving behind etc. For me one of the main reasons is for my children and for their future. This country is getting worse and I dont want them growing up in it.

I guess it would be nice to see a thread on those that have settled in Australia, my cousin loves it she went out in 2006 with her husband and son she would of been 32 her son 13 she said her son wasn't happy to start with but once he found friends he soon settled and he tells me now that he wouldn't wont to live in the UK, my cousin Nikki she loves it and says she still pinches her self, she loves the social life as it far better one that she had here as the weather helps with that she loves how friendly people are, loves that their is always something to do or see and some of its free, she has been promoted god knows how many times in her job her husband loves it and has changed jobs a few times and has always made manager, only thing she misses is pies lol

What I am trying to say its their are lots that have settled but you don't always get to hear those stories I have also had a friend that went on a WHV for 2 years and has loved every minute and now is desperate for a visa to get back out to Aus.

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz
Got my first viewing this Saturday with my new estate agents also had a offer from someone that viewed with my old estate agents only £20,000 less that I won't but at least its an offer keep my fingeres crossed for Sat.

Exciting times...Good luck Tania xxx

Hi Bpremji,

My guess for next update is 24/04/2011:yes:

If you guys don't mind I'd like to stick around a bit longer :wink:

Good luck to everybody!

A

Guest Lori2011

Same reason here, and i don't even have children, but the reason I don't have is because my country is very dangerous at the moment, and i wouldn't risk it.

Got my first viewing this Saturday with my new estate agents also had a offer from someone that viewed with my old estate agents only £20,000 less that I won't but at least its an offer keep my fingeres crossed for Sat.

Best of British Tania :hug:

Hello everyone,

I have a questtion in regards to the docs i submitted to DIAC. My current employer would not provide a rference letter so I sent in a Statutory Declaration. Howevr the designation on my Offer of employment and the declaration do not match. I work as a process analyst but on the offer letter its Customer service representative. The company I work for provides a generic offer letter to individuals who join at a team member level. Would this cause a problem when my CO reviews my case? What are the most appropriate steps to get this resolved if I do have trouble?

Hello everyone,

I have a questtion in regards to the docs i submitted to DIAC. My current employer would not provide a rference letter so I sent in a Statutory Declaration. Howevr the designation on my Offer of employment and the declaration do not match. I work as a process analyst but on the offer letter its Customer service representative. The company I work for provides a generic offer letter to individuals who join at a team member level. Would this cause a problem when my CO reviews my case? What are the most appropriate steps to get this resolved if I do have trouble?

It is the job description, not the title that counts. My employer would only give me a generic HR reference stating job title, date employment started and ended, no of sick days etc. My job title with them was Finance Manager but I applied as Management Accountant. I provided a copy of my contract of employment, original job description that I was issued with when I started and some payslips and a P60 and my work experience is showing as met.