New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Rachter

Congratulations PSmith911!! Saw you requested for the Canadian PCC in Feb. How long did it take you to get the results back assuming you posted from outside of Canada? Did you get the results back before getting a CO?

I've sent mine off from Sydney last week and estimating 15-16 weeks.... :(

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: PSmith911

Destination: Perth

Date of Visa application: 30/07/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Radio Communications Technician

Visa type: 175 Online

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted: 28/03/2012

Date Police check submitted: 22/02/12 (still awaiting canadian Checks to come back

Date CO assigned: 21/03/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 24/04/2012

Hey Oppyddrum - do you have a CO? I see on the spreadsheet that your meds were "requested" but it doesn't show you have been allocated...

that is an error; i probably caused the confusion when i said "PCC requested"... i meant to say applied for the PCCs. I am frontloading in preparation for being allocated. i have 2 out of the 3 PCCs uploaded. waiting on the last one. The medicals were done last week and results have been sent to DIAC, so it is all basically frontloaded. I don't want to wait an extra second i can avoid by frontloading.

sorry about the confusion, i'm with you on the wait for CO allocation.

Guest PSmith911
Congratulations PSmith911!! Saw you requested for the Canadian PCC in Feb. How long did it take you to get the results back assuming you posted from outside of Canada? Did you get the results back before getting a CO?

I've sent mine off from Sydney last week and estimating 15-16 weeks.... :(

My CA police checks took about 8 weeks:biggrin:

Guest PSmith911
My CA police checks took about 8 weeks:biggrin:

I applied for them at the end of Jan and they were returned in the post at about the end of March, just after we wwere allocated a CO

Does anybody have examples of how long it took from employer being contacted by Oz High Commission to getting VISA? I am thinking it should not be too long!!

Hi Jambos, my employer was contacted approx 3 weeks ago and still nothing, as you probably know, we FL everything (Meds, PCCs, Form 80) and still no word from CO.. :cry: hopefully, it won't be too long for you!!

Guest NatsB
Does anybody have examples of how long it took from employer being contacted by Oz High Commission to getting VISA? I am thinking it should not be too long!!

Ours was contacted before Easter.

Still nothing here.. although my husband will be telling his boss today that we are planning to emigrate ifall goes ahead with the visa.

Edited by NatsB

Hi Jambos, my employer was contacted approx 3 weeks ago and still nothing, as you probably know, we FL everything (Meds, PCCs, Form 80) and still no word from CO.. :cry: hopefully, it won't be too long for you!!

Crikey! My raging fire of hope is now a flicker! I was hoping it was the last peg in the hole. Oh well let all keep everything crossed for the next few days!!

As far as I am aware there has been no contact to my employers. Not sure if this is something that is routine or random dependent on CO. Hope they don't contact today as I am off work with rotten cold! Only been in waiting room for one day and already feels like an eternity! I have a feeling that this is going to be the toughest part to date!

As far as I am aware there has been no contact to my employers. Not sure if this is something that is routine or random dependent on CO. Hope they don't contact today as I am off work with rotten cold! Only been in waiting room for one day and already feels like an eternity! I have a feeling that this is going to be the toughest part to date!

Totally agree with you Angela on this being the toughest part. You now have no more input to the application and are totally at the mercy of the CO.

As regards employment verification. I don't think DIAC contact all applicant's employers. It seems to be a random selection. Unless their policy has changed and they now contact all applicant's employers via their overseas resources.

Hope you feel better soon. I always feel much better at around 11:00am when I have a cold.

Crikey! My raging fire of hope is now a flicker! I was hoping it was the last peg in the hole. Oh well let all keep everything crossed for the next few days!!

Guys, your patience is legendary. Hang on in there.

Guys, your patience is legendary. Hang on in there.

Thanks SHandGH for your support!

I wish I could post some good news here, it seems like we're running in circles with constantly writing updates with no actual update.. :twitcy:

Edited by bloomberg

Guest NatsB
NatsB, I bet you'll get your visa tomorrow! (hear my prayer DIAC!!!) :ssign14:

I've decided that our case officer willbe granting loads tomorrow!

Be honest; how many times a day are you checking you online status?

For me I reckon it's 4 on average.

approx 2-3 times but now that you've mentioned it............ :wink:

I think that the fact that I know my TRN and passport number by heart speaks for itself..

Guest NatsB
Be honest; how many times a day are you checking you online status? For me I reckon it's 4 on average.

Last night it was -

11pm, 2am, 4am, 6am and 8am. (whenever the pregnancy bladder wakes me up to pee!)

I check emails, and then online status. At 6am and 9am I check this thread to see if anyone got lucky!

I give it one last go around 9.30am

Last night it was -

11pm, 2am, 4am, 6am and 8am. (whenever the pregnancy bladder wakes me up to pee!)

I check emails, and then online status. At 6am and 9am I check this thread to see if anyone got lucky!

I give it one last go around 9.30am

That's completely irrational, obsessive, compulsive behavour Nats. Glad I'm not the only one.

get-well-soon76.jpg

Hilarious!!! Having some time out from work and no noisy children has made me feel much better! The only time I get some peace is when I am poorly! Have been doing some property searches between the beechams and refilling the hot water bottle! Thanks for the soup! Just to gain another bout of sympathy....it is also my birthday! Hope some news comes your way before the week is out!

Be honest; how many times a day are you checking you online status? For me I reckon it's 4 on average.

Ok I'm feeling so much better being surrounded by obcessive people!!.

My morning routine; Check emails, Check on line status (numbers all known off by heart), check PIO to make sure Nats hasn't beaten me to the finishing post!! Only joking Nats I'd be happy for anyone who gets their grant the waiting room is hell :frown: