New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

According to the official announcement DIAC will start category 5 offshore once all the category 4 offshore will be finalised. Now even I am very confused about this word FINALISED.. But in case officer category 5 onshore they started allocating category 5 onshore once particular number of category 4 offshore are allocated to the date.

I do think that there is a quota - (it makes sense that they can't allow everyone who has the money in). The question is whether this quota is nearing its end or not. I would tend to agree with Ricky, but the problem is that if this is so, then why does DIAC still have the application system up and running, still accepting new applications?

Can you guys come with some stats? How are you saying that they nearing the end of quota for this year? Yes there are quota but DIAC never disclosed this that they will process this number of appilcations in this particular subclass. Yes they do launch tables once the quota for particular year is over.

According to the official announcement DIAC will start category 5 offshore once all the category 4 offshore will be finalised. Now even I am very confused about this word FINALISED.. But in case officer category 5 onshore they started allocating category 5 onshore once particular number of category 4 offshore are allocated to the date.

As far as we can tell, category 4's are never-ending - people are constantly applying. At the same time, I've noticed that they have already started to process category 5 applications: Last month they were up to November of 2008, and now they're doing Decembers' 2008, so they have started already - not sure what the question is.

In simple english I would like to know the answer to your questions that they will not process category 5 offshore during this financial year. Becasue quota for this financial is over now. Now I want to know that where is this mentioned that quota for this financial year is over?You are just speculating.

Guest breilly

why are we discussing cat 5 this is a cat 4 thread and I think all this talk of quotas etc is just adding confusion and more stress unnecessarily . that's just my opinion !

Now I want to know that where is this mentioned that quota for this financial year is over?You are just speculating.

No, not speculating - the people here are right when they say that there is an actual quota - read it straight from DIAC's site below. My only issue was whether we have reached its end or not, considering that DIAC's website is still accepting new priority 4 applications.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/20planning.htm

Now you are saying that whether we are reached or not ... Earlier you were saying that we are nearing the end of quota. There is nothing like quota for this financial year in this table.

Quote me where I have said that we are nearing the end of the quota. I think you have me confused. :rolleyes:

why are we discussing cat 5 this is a cat 4 thread and I think all this talk of quotas etc is just adding confusion and more stress unnecessarily . that's just my opinion !

I think you're right breilly, the only reason i'm askin about cat 5 is that i am a cat 4 applicant of 2012, and simply want to know, does my c.o get allocated before they start on cat 5??? or will they start cat 5 after cat 4 of 2011 is allocated?

Thanks

I have reported the Cat 5 discussions on this thread to the Mods

Please start a new thread VB and SOL2 if you want to discuss this further!!

I am not discussing category 5 applications, but whether quotas have been reached for category 4. Do you happen to know the answer?

I think you're right breilly, the only reason i'm askin about cat 5 is that i am a cat 4 applicant of 2012, and simply want to know, does my c.o get allocated before they start on cat 5??? or will they start cat 5 after cat 4 of 2011 is allocated?

Thanks

YES...CAT 4 applicants always get priority over CAT 5. The year for DIAC runs from July 2011 to 30 June 2011 therefore applying before 30 JUne 2012 you will be in current year.

Guest Guest31881

***** This thread was intended for the cat 4 applicants to discuss their applications and their situation, Please do not take the thread off topic by expanding it to include the cat 5 applications, if you wish to discuss the cat 5 situation then you are free to open another thread for that purpose........ Please respect other posters and do not deliberately take a thread off topic.

Thanks folks

Colin.....

Edited by Guest31881

Guest Jivesha

Well, lets pray the cat 4 quota doesn't run out, but assuming it does... what next?

Do we all get booted out?

Edited by Jivesha

Back to our medicals! 3 of us have been finalised and still 1 referred. Has anyone else had experience of referred medicals?? Has anyone been asked to provide more info or more consultants letters etc.:unsure:

what does it mean when you say referred?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

It means that the medical was not cleared due to a history of illness ( not serious in this case) so is referred to medical team.

Jambos, I am not knowledgeable in this process so pardon me if I ask. Was it referred by your attending physician? Or was your medicals completed and submitted to the medical team in sydney and there it was referred?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

People here can express their hopes and fears about quotas all they like but Cat 5 discussions are for another thread.

Back to our medicals! 3 of us have been finalised and still 1 referred. Has anyone else had experience of referred medicals?? Has anyone been asked to provide more info or more consultants letters etc.:unsure:

How did your OH get on contacting the medical centre Jambos?

How did your OH get on contacting the medical centre Jambos?

My other half e-mailed the med centre and asked them to let him know when his profile was corrected. They did not e-mail him. But went into to our application this afternoon to find meds finalised. Just my daughter still showing referred now!!