New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Whichever visa is last issued cancels any previously granted visa. Do you have a current ETA visa? If not maybe you should apply for one now. It's important that there is no confusion when the time comes for your grant. If you apply for an ETA after your 175 is granted then the ETA cancels the 175. It's possible you might be granted your 175 grant and not know it, then apply for the ETA for your rekkie. This would be bad. Get your ETA now and then when you get your 175 the ETA will be cancelled.

Hi

I am a July 1st applicant and we did our meds on Jan 3rd and they were finalised on Jan 16th.

Just waiting and hoping now. Reckie trip to Melbourne booked for May 21st so starting to sweat now that we'll get it granted in time. PCC also done December 21st. COs were moving fast back then

June 2011

Name: aleem1981

Date of Visa application: 4th June, 2011

Nationality: Pakistani

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Electronics Engineer

Visa type: GSM 175

Onshore/offshore: Off Shore

Category (If applicable): Category 4

Post-14 Medicals submitted: Not Requested Yet

Police check submitted: Not Requested Yet

Date CO assigned:06/12/2011 team 4 (additional documents & form80 requested submitted 24/12/2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted:

July Category: Category 4

June 2011

Date CO assigned:06/12/2011 team 4 (additional documents & form80 requested submitted 24/12/2011

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome to the thread. Your details have been added to the front page and spreadsheet.

June 2011

Date visa granted:

Whichever visa is last issued cancels any previously granted visa. Do you have a current ETA visa? If not maybe you should apply for one now. It's important that there is no confusion when the time comes for your grant. If you apply for an ETA after your 175 is granted then the ETA cancels the 175. It's possible you might be granted your 175 grant and not know it, then apply for the ETA for your rekkie. This would be bad. Get your ETA now and then when you get your 175 the ETA will be cancelled.

I understand what you mean, but I think I'll wait another month before I apply fir an ETA. I hoping the 175 will come through in February

Guest mandhani

I have been silent observer of this thread for a long time. Please add my details

October 2011

Name: mandhani

Date of Visa application: 21st October, 2011

Nationality: Indian

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Date CO assigned:Not yest

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome to the thread. Your details have been added to the front page and spreadsheet.

I have been silent observer of this thread for a long time. Please add my details

October 2011

Name: mandhani

Date of Visa application: 21st October, 2011

Nationality: Indian

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Date CO assigned:Not yest

Date visa granted:

Guest wanderdownunder

Another one to add please SHandGH:

September 2011

Name: wanderdownunder

Date of Visa application: 12 September 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Post-14 Medicals submitted: Not requested yet

Police check submitted: Not requested yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted:

Another one to add please SHandGH:

Name: wanderdownunder

Destination:

Date of Visa application: 12 September 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Category 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest wanderdownunder

Thank you SHandGH. I see we have comparative applications. I applied by paper due to the problems I had with inputting my partner's details into the online application. I assume you applied online, if so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in CO allocation and visa grant? It seems we are all waiting to see when those July 2011 applicants start getting their CO's and visas. Once it moves into July with the new rule changes coming into effect, I will feel happier that timescales are still on track - although noted that some believe it may accelerate due to a dip in post July applications - fingers crossed. Once July applicants get going I may also start to look into booking those medicals and police checks, what are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Wanderdownunder

No problem. I really don't think it makes much of a difference whether you are an online or a paper application. It's all about the paperwork you provide with your application. Ours is an online application via an agent and as I recall they also had problems inputting partner details. Timescales are all over the place at the moment with the extremely long summer break. Personally I am thinking like NatsB and will hopefully arrange PCC and meds around mid April 2012 or maybe when DIAC have finished processing July 2011 175 applicants. Either way we will not be doing much for the next few months except monitoring this thread to see how everyone is doing. Keep in touch. SHandGH.

Thank you SHandGH. I see we have comparative applications. I applied by paper due to the problems I had with inputting my partner's details into the online application. I assume you applied online, if so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in CO allocation and visa grant? It seems we are all waiting to see when those July 2011 applicants start getting their CO's and visas. Once it moves into July with the new rule changes coming into effect, I will feel happier that timescales are still on track - although noted that some believe it may accelerate due to a dip in post July applications - fingers crossed. Once July applicants get going I may also start to look into booking those medicals and police checks, what are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Wanderdownunder

Hi all,

jus wanted to give you all an update to where i am since we had our visa granted but first would like to say thanks to SHandGh for keeping this cat 4 running.

okay so we shipped our stuff on Thursday the 2nd Feb, we used Seven seas as we were not shipping furniture just personal stuff, we orderd a move cube the cube in size is 1.45m width, 1.11 m length 1.88 height £570 to ship and 299. dollars to pay in Aus for the cube to be checked in this cube we got in 2 bikes, kitchen small items ex pot pans, bedding towels 2 Tv's, fishing stuff , camping stuff, game machines, kids stuff, loads of dvds books cds, loads of shoes, dvd players xbox games, the company came and dropped of the cube at 8:30am in the morning and then came back at 2:30 pm to take the cube away.

We move the rest of our stuff out the evening but was worried as we still had not exchanged contracts, we stayed at my sisters that night and the next day on Friday i went back to the house to move the last few bits and clean up the house and in this time i was phoning the solicitor to see if we had exchanged but no answere on the phone, I finally got through to the solicitor to be told we had exchanged and completed on our property at 1pm and how quick could we hand in the keys so 45 mins later we locked up and handed over the keys, can i just say selling a house is stressful aspecialy when you are selling to move to Aus, i took a week of work at one point as i was really stressed and couldn't function so please be aware, so now we have no home and are staying between familys.

I have booked our flight through IOM imgration for migrants, through doing this they have saved us £1000 on our flight and they have booked us with Emerates and we fly on the 28th Feb at Manchester 8:10pm and land in Aus Brisbane at 6:50 am on the 1st March, so 3 weeks on tuesday we will be on our way.

all the best to you all with your journey and will up date you when we land in Aus

Hi

I applied for GSM 175 and have appeared for IELTS in June 2011. Can someone confirm that you need IELTS only for the primary applicant and not for dependents?

My understanding is that for dependents, only "proof of english language ability" needs to be shown, which can be college certificates showing the medium of instruction was english. But as the date of CO allocation approaches, I am starting to doubt everything I am doing... someone please allay my fears!

Regards

ind175

Hi

I applied for GSM 175 and have appeared for IELTS in June 2011. Can someone confirm that you need IELTS only for the primary applicant and not for dependents?

My understanding is that for dependents, only "proof of english language ability" needs to be shown, which can be college certificates showing the medium of instruction was english. But as the date of CO allocation approaches, I am starting to doubt everything I am doing... someone please allay my fears!

Regards

ind175

That's true. As long as the dependents can prove that secondary education was taught in English you will not have a problem. Only main applicant needs to do the IELTS

That's true. As long as the dependents can prove that secondary education was taught in English you will not have a problem. Only main applicant needs to do the IELTS

Thanks a lot for that, Mummy mann.... i think i got it covered then!

phew, what a relief...

until the next one...:biggrin:

no updates from DIAC? :(

today they were supposed to update the allocation times, and it used to come around noon...and nothing yet...

wake up DIAC...

Hi

Regards

ind175

I am not very sure if the "college certificates" will do. In our case our agent confirmed that the main applicant has to give academic IELTS and score 7 and above in each individually and overall, however the other applicants needs to give general IELTS and score above "5" as it is a measure for functional english. We had applied before July1, 2011 so am not sure if regulations have changed after that.

Guest obelixous

DIAC site suggests that the dates will be updated every fortnight. Last update was on Jan 23, 2012. Next update should be tomorrow.

DIAC just updated the allocation date: May 23, 2011 :(

The update is not that good, but at least they're offering an explanation:

Important note:

N/A denotes 'Not Applicable'. There are no GSM visa subclasses within these priority groups.

** Not currently allocating.

A high volume of Priority Group 4 applications were received in May and June 2011. Whilst cases continue to be allocated per week, the limited movement of allocation dates reflect the high volume of applications received during this period. The affected visa subclasses are:

• Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175
  • Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

So now at least we know why and we don't have to speculate anymore....

The update is not that good, but at least they're offering an explanation:

Important note:

N/A denotes 'Not Applicable'. There are no GSM visa subclasses within these priority groups.

** Not currently allocating.

A high volume of Priority Group 4 applications were received in May and June 2011. Whilst cases continue to be allocated per week, the limited movement of allocation dates reflect the high volume of applications received during this period. The affected visa subclasses are:

• Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

• Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

• Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

So now at least we know why and we don't have to speculate anymore....

You are right Heidim, The speculation will be put to rest.