Addressing Selection Criteria - University Job Applications

cornish78

Morning all

Am just about to apply for my first role in Oz, at one of the University's in Melbourne.

They ask for a CV, covering letter and a statement addressing the Selection Criteria. From what I gather this is giving examples and experience against the criteria, but just wondered if anyone has done something similar and been successful?

I've got all of the experience they're after (currently work in a similar position in a UK university) - just wondering how much to waffle on for :biggrin:

If anyone has any tips then I'd be very grateful...

Yes, I tried that too but without success so far.:nah:

I read somewhere that one should address the key selection criteria point for point, however, I cannot get myself doing this as it's so artificial and does not look convincing so I usually write a short text addressing the criteria that way (instead of compiling a list of unconnected points from one to ten). But I don't think that is the reason why I was not successful so far...

Wishing you luck with your applications in any case! :wubclub:

And MEL has so many different universities, there should be a good chance for you with your experience!

Cool!!!!:notworthy:

Well, my partner got his current uni job after two successful Skype interview sessions with the whole institute watching him. Odd but it worked. The first most important thing is a stable internet connection and a place where you feel comfortable doing the interview. The second most important thing is getting the time difference right, so you need to be prepared to have a talk, like, at one a clock at night for example (as was my partner's case).

Go for it! Good luck!:v_SPIN:

Good, 8 am is not too bad a time for an interview with Australia.

Yes, it was for a lectureship. One interview consisted in giving a lecture in front of the public (students and teachers). The second interview took place a couple of days afterwards and was like a "normal" one in front of the members of the department. Kind of odd because both talks took place between one and two at night and we had to arrange for a hotel room because our internet was rubbish. Haha. Well but it worked out. Luckily. I mean better than flying to Australia for an interview. That would be a bit too time consuming let alone the cost of flying.:wacko:

Is your interview with The University of Melbourne?