PAYG Mobile

Cal2

Most of the providers have stores in shopping centres and on-street on local high streets. I think that Telstra and Optus are best. I went with Optus when I arrived and they have a PAYG plan where if you put in $30 a month and opt for the 30 day airtime expiry (rather than 6mo) you get about $300 worth of bonus credit and 500mb of free data which is quite good value for a medium. I think that Telstra do a similar package.

(don't sign up for the 6mo PAYG plan as the call and data costs are unreasonable)

:) Matt

Guest hanna

Hi Cal,

Just15 are the cheapest I've found over here, (they use the Vodaphone network), but you do need to sign up online and wait for the sim to be posted to you! Other than that you can pick up $2 payg sims at the supermarkets if you have a phone already (and it's unlocked!) and register them online. Or as Supermatt says, just get to a shopping centre.

There's an Optus shop in arrivals at Sydney airport. We got a couple of sim only bundles there.

Oh and then 2 weeks later with no credit history, pay in our account yet (still had not started work) or any transactions on our bank account other than a deposit we got an iPhone4 from Optus on contract. Happy days :biggrin:

my friend signed me up with Amaysim when i came here, its pretty good, runs on the Optus network, but its only 39$ month prepay, with unlimited calls, texts and 4 gig data.

if u go on Scoopon, they are doing a month free if you sign up.