Migration Agent

lynne1266

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pick some more knowledgeable brains !!!

Does someone claiming to be an agent have to be reigstered with MARA and if not can they still charge for the service ?? (and be very rude on the phone to you :arghh:)

A very annoyed, stressed Lynne :realmad:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pick some more knowledgeable brains !!!

Does someone claiming to be an agent have to be reigstered with MARA and if not can they still charge for the service ?? (and be very rude on the phone to you )

A very annoyed, stressed Lynne

It depends:

If in Australia, Migration Agents must be registered by OMARA. It is illegal to charge for Migration work or give migration assistance if you are not registered.

If overseas there are no rules as anyone at all can do migration work.

Hy Lynne,

Gosh its been a while since I have seenyou on here, how are you? guess you have had some problems with your agent, if it makes you feel better we dont hear much off ours. Even since the July changes which do affect us we are still to hear from them, but I've waited almost 2 years for the bloody visa so i'll give the agent a few more days before I bother them.

Anyhow do you have your visa, are you still 175 or have you gone 176, if you have visa when you goin.

look forward to hear from you

There is no requirement for 'migration agents' outside Australia to be registered with the (essentially useless) OMARA, or anybody else.

Advantages of engaging the services of registered migration agents include: they must (are supposed to) follow a code of conduct and they must carry professionall indemnity insurance and they must be frank and candid about the prospects of success. All the registered migration agents who post on this forum will deal with you honestly and competently.

Well....I've had an upsetting stressed 24hrs but hopefully it's all getting sorted now, I've been in contact with my OH fuure employers and they have been really good and are helping sort things out.

Fingers crossed we will still be able to be in OZ by Sept

Lynne

• 3 weeks later...
Guest babboo

Hi!! I am posting a message here as my Migration agent is a Big scoundrel and a cheat... Be advised not to take the services of ******** and ********. Originally he started from Perth and later in 2009 shifted base to Sydney when he was not able to find and swindle clients. I have also made a complaint to MARA regarding my application and his very very bad services...

So, before hiring a migration agent make sure through friends and applicants here as to who is the best service provider. If you want the details PM me.

Take care ... Cheers

Archived