Yes Yes Yes Clinical Nurse Job

Got a job offer in Tasmania!! I had a telephone interview last week and today an email to say I have got it.

Still waiting for AHPRA for registration, and judging by previous posts I will still be waiting a few more months, but for now that bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge has got my name on it:biggrin:

Guest tandcmum

congratulations, and well done on getting a clinical nurse job from the off. I'm a charge nurse (band 6) here in the UK and have to go back to a registered nurse post to move over to Townsville. Saying that the wages will still be better....lol

Guest guest30038

Yes. Well done fluffy. You're the first instance that I've ever heard of whereby a clinical nurse has been awarded a clinical post immediately on arrival.

My wife has obtained interviews for quite a few well experienced nurses who have always had to take a step back on initial appointment. That said, once a clinical post has arisen, they've always received a "nod" to apply for the posts. Perhaps tassie health operates differently to Qld health?

good on yer gal.

kev

Guest siamsusie
Got a job offer in Tasmania!! I had a telephone interview last week and today an email to say I have got it.

Still waiting for AHPRA for registration, and judging by previous posts I will still be waiting a few more months, but for now that bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge has got my name on it:biggrin:

tasmania-map.jpg?t=1242020165

Welcome to Tasmania!

Lovely to hear your news yesterday, I am thrilled for you Fluffy:biggrin:

Speak soon

love Susie x

Thank you all for your good wishes. I didn't realise that us British nurses usually "have to take a step backwards". I'll just have to wait to see it in black and white. Not sure if it made a difference but I'm currently a nurse practitioner on 8B with over 30 years experience.

Big congrats on your job offer. All the best....

I was a sister in the UK but have just started for the Red cross blood donor centre on the gold coast as an RN, even though I've gone back a step, I don't feel I have done, and the pay is much better even on a lower grade and the conditions are soo much better than the UK.

Good luck with the move. x H

Hi, really pleased for you, well done. Just a quick question though if you can just put the wine down for a sec! I was under the impression that you had to be registered with AHPRA before you could apply for a job, have I been given the wrong info? Both myself and my husband are mental health nurses and have just sent off everything for registration with AHPRA's Perth office. I wasn't even going to look at jobs for another few months as I've heard how long it can take. Have I got it all wrong????

Jackie

Hi

Don't know why, but a lucky few (including me), do manage to get straight onto register from the u.k.? The down side was I had to re-register before even arriving but was shockingly easy for the AHPRA! Who knows how they work!?

Gill

Hi, really pleased for you, well done. Just a quick question though if you can just put the wine down for a sec! I was under the impression that you had to be registered with AHPRA before you could apply for a job, have I been given the wrong info? Both myself and my husband are mental health nurses and have just sent off everything for registration with AHPRA's Perth office. I wasn't even going to look at jobs for another few months as I've heard how long it can take. Have I got it all wrong????

Hi Jackie

You don't have to be registered with APHRA, before applying for jobs, but as has already been mentioned most employers will say eligible to apply for registration.

Hope yours comes through soon.

Good luck

Archived