New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi all.

Im a Cat 5. Applied 7 march 2008. Subclass 886. Got my visa today. So there is hope for all of you. Got our case officer only 7 days ago, so they are processing quickly. I'm over the moon. Nightmare finally over. Good luck all

CONGRATULATIONS.......if you don't mind, what is ur occupation? cook, pastry ???

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChittyChargo
Office Manager. Skilled sponsored by my sister. Sub Class 886

With having a quick turnaround did you not have to re-do your Medicals and Police Checks

With having a quick turnaround did you not have to re-do your Medicals and Police Checks
Yes did the Medicals day after email from case officer. Same with police checks. Got them 5 days after submitting. Emailed everything on Monday (23rd) got grant email today.

You are right Kalamingo, it is in the western suburb, http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/landlords-feeling-the-pinch/story-fn7x8me2-1226243996889

In the city and around the city many apartments are being built, and some believes that we are heading towards over supply.

I am living in Hawthorn, many new apartments are being built here. One that has just been finished next

door is 60% empty. It has been advertised since two months ago.

People are very cautious.

Are we here for GSM PRIORITY 5 , or Real estate and Investing propaganda's...

Guys talk about GSM priority's ..if you have Other Issue make a New Blog !!

Guest ChittyChargo
Yes did the Medicals day after email from case officer. Same with police checks. Got them 5 days after submitting. Emailed everything on Monday (23rd) got grant email today.

Hi so did you not need to have police checks from overseas that is if you are onshore

Hi all.

Im a Cat 5. Applied 7 march 2008. Subclass 886. Got my visa today. So there is hope for all of you. Got our case officer only 7 days ago, so they are processing quickly. I'm over the moon. Nightmare finally over. Good luck all

Congratulations. Great news

Hi all.

Congrat! Have you been asked for that form 80 or the other one?

Hi all.

congratulations mate

im in 886 as well

applied july 2009 tho...so a bit longer wait for me

Are we here for GSM PRIORITY 5 , or Real estate and Investing propaganda's...

Guys talk about GSM priority's ..if you have Other Issue make a New Blog !!

relax a bit mate

if you noticed this thread been going on for 100+ pages long

i noticed you just joined dec last year, you should've seen this thread from mid last year, everyone VERY pessimistic

a little bit of banter and off-topic once in a while to take our minds of the reality of waiting is welcomed in my point of view

Guest Outa Heah

How true...how true. Many of my friends have left. I am one of the few still 'hanging in there'...been here for close to a decade.

In 2010 I advised some people close to me that it is no longer worth it (has never been, actually). Some listened to me and are now permanent residents in Canada and some European countries (while I am still waiting for PR). Another went to the US. Some said I was just jealous... [of what?!Surely? Of Australia?] Err...:huh: Well, long story short, they are now here...waiting...waiting... to get a job. Good news is.. I am not flying the "I told you so, didn't i?" card...just watching and tapping my foot instead :notworthy:

I am just fortunate to have a job.

One day you get news about too many immigrants, another too many leaving lol

I think if you are coming from a lesser developed country to Australia, pretty much everything will be better than your home country. If you come from places like UK, USA or Canada you naturally have a higher expectation and therefore some if not most find it relatively more expensive than their home country. I have many friends that say cost of living in Australia is higher than in UK/USA. The few that do stay do so for the love of Australian culture, lifestyle and weather. You cannot expect to have the best of everything in one single place.

I

Hi so did you not need to have police checks from overseas that is if you are onshore

Yes I'm in Sydney. Did not have to do overseas police checks again. Did those in 2008. I've never left Australia so pointless to do again. All I was asked to do was Medicals and Australian police checks

I

Yes I'm in Sydney. Did not have to do overseas police checks again. Did those in 2008. I've never left Australia so pointless to do again. All I was asked to do was Medicals and Australian police checks

Did you do Form 80? Thanks

I think if you are coming from a lesser developed country to Australia, pretty much everything will be better than your home country. If you come from places like UK, USA or Canada you naturally have a higher expectation and therefore some if not most find it relatively more expensive than their home country.

People's opinions change with the circumstances. The same crowd who now label australia as the world's priciest and blah blah were the ones touting it as a cheapo destination when the dollar was at its LTA rate of 70ish cents.

On a side note, merely comparing the nominal cost items in one country with another is pointless...there are other factors at play, such as minimum wages etc. Australia is expensive but the minimum wage here is almost thrice that of the USA.

People's opinions change with the circumstances. The same crowd who now label australia as the world's priciest and blah blah were the ones touting it as a cheapo destination when the dollar was at its LTA rate of 70ish cents.

On a side note, merely comparing the nominal cost items in one country with another is pointless...there are other factors at play, such as minimum wages etc. Australia is expensive but the minimum wage here is almost thrice that of the USA.[/quote

I saw on cat 4 forum that u have been allocated a co!!!! congratulation....It have bee very quick for, u only lodged ur application in december 2011....which category are u really???? 3 or 4????

im sorry to ask that but did u apply online????

Guest indaussie

On a side note, merely comparing the nominal cost items in one country with another is pointless...there are other factors at play, such as minimum wages etc. Australia is expensive but the minimum wage here is almost thrice that of the USA.[/quote

I saw on cat 4 forum that u have been allocated a co!!!! congratulation....It have bee very quick for, u only lodged ur application in december 2011....which category are u really???? 3 or 4????

im sorry to ask that but did u apply online????

Twister is an onshore applicant and for onshore cat 4 it's really fast process. They get CO within four Weeks!

People's opinions change with the circumstances. The same crowd who now label australia as the world's priciest and blah blah were the ones touting it as a cheapo destination when the dollar was at its LTA rate of 70ish cents.On a side note, merely comparing the nominal cost items in one country with another is pointless...there are other factors at play, such as minimum wages etc. Australia is expensive but the minimum wage here is almost thrice that of the USA.
Yes I agree with you, In the article it says that people cannot find employment here. The minimum wage is higher here I know I have relatives in the US. However, having no job in Oz with the relatively higher living costs is definitely worse than having a lower paid job elsewhere (with lower living costs). Employers are really fussy - they want Australian work experience and this is something most migration expos don't tell prospective offshore applicants. This is why people are leaving. They can't get jobs (jobs in their skilled profession esp) and what was supposed to be a similar or better life than home works out to be more expensive. I don't think people are leaving because they hate the weather or culture, etc. It's pretty much all about the $$$. Obviously this rule does not apply to everyone but it would apply to a significant proportion.

Twister is an onshore applicant and for onshore cat 4 it's really fast process. They get CO within four Weeks!

That correct. I'm an onshore Cat4. I was allocated to a CO on monday, so that would make it round about 6 weeks...

By the way, those who follow australian media outlets regularly would know that anything that airs on either "Today Tonight" or "A Current Affair" is overblown. The argument that australia is expensive is correct, but it's not as bad as it's portrayed if the unnaturally high exchange rate is corrected for and the long-term average of the AUD of 73 cents is used.

Guest ChittyChargo
I

Thanks for the reply and Congratulations

Archived