New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

According to the old scoring system, all band 7.0 IELTS was worth 25 points. I know that for a fact cos I had an all band 8.0 and got 25 points.

Roper or Quocchoung - Does that mean if I am not wrong if a person is able to get 7.0 each he/she will get extra 10 points?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small help

can anyone get me d link for partner visa(309/100)thread .i need to apply it for my wife n 1.5 yr old daughter who are dere back in india. I need some help for d documents . I cudn't find it or myb can say i don't know where to find

thanxx a heapss in advance..

dears,

please cease finger pointing.

the problem is from DIAC as they didn't stick to their word, no applicant either offshore or onshore is to be blamed, except for beleiving DIACs words at the time he/she applied.

in Canada for instance who's undergoing a huge change in their immigration system they began with holding the application process and not accepting new applications, they capped the applications before a certain date and then continued processing their backlog.

they expect finishing their acklog by the end of the year which is the time the new system will be in place and they'll begin accepting the new applications again.

if DIAC has put more thought before changing the system i think they should have made a similar system, simply don't take applications if you won't need them.

According to the old points system you can get extra 10 points if you have an all band 7.0

http://www.visapointmigration.com/free-assessment/old-points-test/

Thanks Roper for clarifying...it means a person can gain 10 points and I am gonna now start preparing for IELTS. Do you have any idea if DIAC will approve that as per old points system scoring. I hope it does.

Thanks Roper for clarifying...it means a person can gain 10 points and I am gonna now start preparing for IELTS. Do you have any idea if DIAC will approve that as per old points system scoring. I hope it does.

As long as you lodged your application before 01/07/2010 and you are either 176 or 886, then you can submit ielts 7.0 to get 120 points and change to 175/885

As long as you lodged your application before 01/07/2010 and you are either 176 or 886, then you can submit ielts 7.0 to get 120 points and change to 175/885

Okay thats great Quochhong that you clarified. I was previously under impression that you can gain just extra 5 points for IELTS 7.0. Thanks!

Okay thats great Quochhong that you clarified. I was previously under impression that you can gain just extra 5 points for IELTS 7.0. Thanks!

Correct me If im wrong.... u cant convert 176 fs lodge offshore!!!!!

One more thing about changing from 176/886 to 175/885. If at the time of lodgement, if you already had 120 points but decided to go the sponsor way, you can now change it to independent by simply submitting the form changes of circumstances stating that you want to change your application to independent subclass 175/885 accordingly. No IELTS tests needed to be sit again (Again this only applied if you already have 120 points at the time of lodgement, otherwise you can sit the IELTS now again and try to get 7.0 each to get 120 points)

Oh Xenos u seem to started a virtual tug of war between offshore and on shore.

Seems that way haha

If it isn't apparent, there is already separation in the Cat 5 group. Independents are being processed faster than family sponsored. If DIMIA had a fairer system in place, there wouldn't be as much frustration.

They should have allocated a number to get rid of the backlog Then they should have separated the four subclasses, allocated them equal numbers and processed them in date order. Priority Group 3 176s should have finished but it still says within 6 weeks of receiving a nomination...like hello wake up DIAC 176 applications have stopped since July 2012 - how can they have applicants that have lodged within the last 6 weeks?

Also there isn't much of an announcement of how many people SkillSelect will get invited for Feb. They are slow in releasing who got invited in January which seems to me something will happen to Cat 5 very soon.

The waiting continues...

Hi, i am just wondering when did you first lodge your 886? Because i see that you manage to get a CO by changing your visa to 885. Now, the 885 is processing April 2010. and I applied for my 886 in May 2009. So does it mean that if i manage to get my IELTS all 7 to get enough points to change to 885, they can process my visa asap, or have to wait even longer?

C'mon...........anyone?? 885 2010 - case officer allocated or PR granted?? Speak up :-)

Yep I am an 885 2010 March applicant. Got CO allocated on 21/01/2013 and got my PR on the same day within 3 hours of submitting the medicals and the police clearance certificates. My CO was from what seems to be the fastest CO team at DIAC, Team 08.

Yep I am an 885 2010 March applicant. Got CO allocated on 21/01/2013 and got my PR on the same day within 3 hours of submitting the medicals and the police clearance certificates. My CO was from what seems to be the fastest CO team at DIAC, Team 08.

Congrats,,,you must be from low risk country ,,Applicants like myself from high risk countries are bit screwed because of all the external checks especially from pak...

Congrats,,,you must be from low risk country ,,Applicants like myself from high risk countries are bit screwed because of all the external checks especially from pak...

Thanks king khan for your well wishes. However I can't believe that you haven't still been assigned a CO. I mean I know May 2010 885 applicants who have got PR and some of them are from HR countries like India.

Hi Roper, DIAC allocation table shows co allocation upto mid apr 2010 for 885. Are u sure, may 2010 885 applicants have been co allocated or pr granted??

Thanks king khan for your well wishes. However I can't believe that you haven't still been assigned a CO. I mean I know May 2010 885 applicants who have got PR and some of them are from HR countries like India.

Hi Roper, DIAC allocation table shows co allocation upto mid apr 2010 for 885. Are u sure, may 2010 885 applicants have been co allocated or pr granted??

Yes I am quite sure. One of them even threw an expensive party at a gourmet restaurant. So I believe he really got it unless he was crazy and wanted to waste money. Besides online 885 applications ahead of paper based ones because they are processed in Brisbane.

Yes I am quite sure. One of them even threw an expensive party at a gourmet restaurant. So I believe he really got it unless he was crazy and wanted to waste money. Besides online 885 applications ahead of paper based ones because they are processed in Brisbane.

Just to clarify - did get their pr last week or last month?

Archived