176 now Cat 3 - 12-24 Months

Guest towfeeq
I'm shocked, this includes those applications that are in the final stages of processing! The timeline is 12-24 months :(

Don't get sad .... even don't rush as well! the more you'll wait the more the possibility will raise for being granted :)

If you personally know someone working in foreign ministry that might incur in your help!

Guest hrimmer3011
I'm shocked, this includes those applications that are in the final stages of processing! The timeline is 12-24 months :(

if that is true - and it still effects people who have lodged - have case officers - have had meds and pcc's done - if we are stuck in a queue for 12 months - what about our meds and pcc checks?? seeing as tho we only have a year to validate from date of med or pcc check????????????

Don't get sad .... even don't rush as well! the more you'll wait the more the possibility will raise for being granted :)

If you personally know someone working in foreign ministry that might incur in your help!

I am sad, my OH has his medicals finalised today, mine are referred, however that won't matter now as I'll have to go through it all again, which includes paying another £850

How could I possibly know anyone in the foreign ministry to help, do you?

if that is true - and it still effects people who have lodged - have case officers - have had meds and pcc's done - if we are stuck in a queue for 12 months - what about our meds and pcc checks?? seeing as tho we only have a year to validate from date of med or pcc check????????????

It is true...it will mean that unless they grant an extension to PCC and medicals, you will be required to do them again :(

Guest Nickynoonoo

Where does this information come from? Sounds unbelievable that they would make you have PCC and meds again?

Nicky x

Don't panic just yet - look at the gsm processing times email - they are still allocating COs within 2 weeks for 176 SS - just calling them Cat 3 instead of Cat 2 (there are no applications waiting to be processed in Cat 2 xxx - hang in there ;-)

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Updated 1 July 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Important - GSM processing priorities have changed in line with Ministerial Direction No. 50. For details please see here -

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 1

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 15 May 2011

VB 887 (paper): 15 May 2011

Priority Group 2

There are no GSM visa classes in priority group 2

Priority Group 3

*Priority 3 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 3 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 20 June 2011

VE 176 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VB 886 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 20 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VC 487 (paper): 20 June 2011

Priority Group 4

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

Priority Group 5Processing of priority group 5 applications can only commence once all applications from higher priority groups have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

VC 485 (e-lodged) - 22 December 2009

VC 485 (paper) - 22 December 2009

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

Don't panic just yet - look at the gsm processing times email - they are still allocating COs within 2 weeks for 176 SS - just calling them Cat 3 instead of Cat 2 (there are no applications waiting to be processed in Cat 2 xxx - hang in there ;-)[/sI

Believe me I am trying to remain calm and not panic, however I can't help it if I read what it says on fact sheet 24 quote

'Priority processing arrangements apply to current applications, including those in the final stages of processing. Departmental case officers must follow the direction made by the minister about priority processing. Case officers are not able to respond to requests to process individual applications outside of the order set out in these processing priority arrangements. Refunds of costs incurred during processing are not available for delays in processing.

That's all I'm saying. It's in black and White

Can cope with being called cat3 as long as they keep going with quick allocations of COs as they have been...and this update suggests they are and my CO is getting ever closer (1 day away!).

I really hope this is true. I'm sorry to be on everyone's thread.... and I'm more than happy to be cat 3 as long as I still see COs getting allocated to cat3

Good luck

I know its stressful - we are all in the same boat but it was also written in black n white that processing of 176 SS applications should have taken 12 months and yet here were are getting processed within a couple of months.

keep positive you are so nearly at the end :wubclub:

GET A GRIP, I've been in the visa tombolla since 09 and their are people who have been in a lot longer than that, most of us applied when we were CAT 1 with processing times of 9 to 12 months all front loaded meds and police checks, and we are still waiting so think your selves lucky a delay of 12 to 18 months is nothing. It grinds my bones when people with short timelines moan about processing times, LOL try having your life on hold for 3 years. Bless

GET A GRIP, I've been in the visa tombolla since 09 and their are people who have been in a lot longer than that, most of us applied when we were CAT 1 with processing times of 9 to 12 months all front loaded meds and police checks, and we are still waiting so think your selves lucky a delay of 12 to 18 months is nothing. It grinds my bones when people with short timelines moan about processing times, LOL try having your life on hold for years. Bless

Well I hope that you get you result soon - r u still applying under a 175?

Well I hope that you get you result soon - r u still applying under a 175?

Hi, yes I am still 175 still hangin on in their only good thing I have stayed CAT 4 not gone down to CAT 5 cos fitter is back on the SOL

Hi, yes I am still 175 still hangin on in their only good thing I have stayed CAT 4 not gone down to CAT 5 cos fitter is back on the SOL

yeah its tough - when we first looked at migrating you think yeah 175 the top visa to apply for but in reality its not and seems to be thier less favourable option for migrants.

Still fingers crossed for you :wink:

Only reason we have stayed 175 is we can go where the work is, even though we know we will end up in Queensland we are not bothered if it takes 5 years to get their we will go where the work is, then move to Queensland when the time is right, we might be lucky and get jobs in Queens straight away. With the 176 we would not have that option and i know people who have only chosen a state cos they are on its list. To me their plans seem Doomed to fail and very short sighted. This is my opinion though. why be restricted when for the sake of 2 years wait you can have freedom of the whole of Aus.

Panic over folks

Nothing has changed

Prior to today's news, cat 1s would be processed ahead of cat 2s. Now Cat 1 has been split in 2 but so what. There was no cat 1 queue and there is now no cat 1 or cat 2 queue. They are up to date, there will be no delay for processing SMP applications that have already been allocated COs. What would any delay be for (I'm guessing here that there isn't going to be a random deluge of RSMS and ENS applications in the next 2 weeks....

Panic over folks

Nothing has changed

Prior to today's news, cat 1s would be processed ahead of cat 2s. Now Cat 1 has been split in 2 but so what. There was no cat 1 queue and there is now no cat 1 or cat 2 queue. They are up to date, there will be no delay for processing SMP applications that have already been allocated COs. What would any delay be for (I'm guessing here that there isn't going to be a random deluge of RSMS and ENS applications in the next 2 weeks....

Makes a lot of sense mate to be honest, just looked at the GSM thing and had a wee panic, I was wondering if that is just your interpretation of the info or if you have had any news from an agent etc.??

that is just my interpretation, haven't spoken to the agent yet - they normally wait for the dust to settle before letting us know their thoughts.

I just can't see how their would be a delay, they're not going to down tools on our apps unless there is enough ENS, RSMS or regional new applications (all current ones will have already been allocated). We've just sent off our PCCs and meds are booked so we've as much to lose as anyone else.

Its a bit of "what will be, will be", either way in my opinion I believe that anyone with a case officer will commence as normal as it just wouldn't make sense to process someone who was a lower priority yesterday as a higher priority today unless it is also reflected on the SMPs because otherwise a everyone would have as much chance as anyone else and there would be no point in states making processing quicker, :confused:

I think that makes sense, It does in my head anyway ha ha :wink:

GET A GRIP, I've been in the visa tombolla since 09 and their are people who have been in a lot longer than that, most of us applied when we were CAT 1 with processing times of 9 to 12 months all front loaded meds and police checks, and we are still waiting so think your selves lucky a delay of 12 to 18 months is nothing. It grinds my bones when people with short timelines moan about processing times, LOL try having your life on hold for 3 years. Bless

Get a grip??? Short timelines (I wish)!! I appointed and paid an agent in 2009, started the process and have been affected by all changes since so.....I too have had my life on hold. Bless

Archived