URGENT - AHPRA nursing registration form query

mansawant

Hi,

I have a query about what to answer for two questions on the AHPRA nursing registration form.

Question 5. Is your residential address the same as your principal place of practice/employment in Australia?

I live in London and working for a NHS trust and I do not have any job offer. I want to register first with AHPRA before starting applying for the vacancies so should I answer "no" and provide my NHS address.

Question 17. "Do you commit to only practise the profession if you have appropriate professional indemnity insurance arrangements in place?"

What would be the answer for this question.

And one more question, if we register in one state and got an offer from hospital in another state will that be an issue or we can work any where in Australia irrespective of where you have been registered.

Thanks & Regards,

Mansawant

• 10 months later...

Hi Mansawant,

Did you ever get an answer to your question - have just started completing the application and have the exact same query re Question 5. OH is a Theatre Nurse and we are looking to get APHRA registration first before hoping to secure a 457 visa.

Can anyone help - this form seems so confusing and I know from reading these threads that if the form isn't completed properly then it will delay process?

Cheers

StrawberryBlonde

He did StrawberryBlonde, he is registered and has his sponsored visa.

as to Q5: you can put any state in if you are not there. I don't know for definite which state I will go to so put in a quieter office (NT) in that bit. If you do know or have a job offer you need to put that state in to Q5. Darwin and Adelaide have been reported as only taking 6-8 weeks, some other offices have been taking a bit longer for some. Good luck and ask as many questions as you need :biggrin:

Hi Mansawant,

Did you ever get an answer to your question - have just started completing the application and have the exact same query re Question 5. OH is a Theatre Nurse and we are looking to get APHRA registration first before hoping to secure a 457 visa.

Can anyone help - this form seems so confusing and I know from reading these threads that if the form isn't completed properly then it will delay process?

Cheers

StrawberryBlonde

He did StrawberryBlonde, he is registered and has his sponsored visa.

as to Q5: you can put any state in if you are not there. I don't know for definite which state I will go to so put in a quieter office (NT) in that bit. If you do know or have a job offer you need to put that state in to Q5. Darwin and Adelaide have been reported as only taking 6-8 weeks, some other offices have been taking a bit longer for some. Good luck and ask as many questions as you need :biggrin:

Thanks so much GilraenH, really appreciate the advice. OH doesn't have job offer yet, wanted to get registration organised first but we are hoping to go to Melbourne - does that mean that I have to put Victoria here or does it refer to the office that I want to send form to? I had heard that Darwin was taking 8 weeks which is fantastic news.

Hope that I'm not sounding too thick here :-)

StrawberryBlonde

Thanks so much GilraenH, really appreciate the advice. OH doesn't have job offer yet, wanted to get registration organised first but we are hoping to go to Melbourne - does that mean that I have to put Victoria here or does it refer to the offer that I want to send form to? I had heard that Darwin was taking 8 weeks which is fantastic news.

Hope that I'm not sounding too thick here :-)

StrawberryBlonde

Perth/Adelaide and Darwin are all reported to be quicker than the other offices. If you don't know for definite chose one. Make sure you have all the documentation sorted as these appears to be key to getting it done quickly. Good Luck! :smile:

Hi,

I have just looked at the form and all the evidence requested is the same as for the skills assessment. I requested that my information be kept by ANMAC in order for them to send this to APHRA. Does anyone know how I ask them to send this for me? I am totally confused!

Thanks, Kath

Hi,

I have just looked at the form and all the evidence requested is the same as for the skills assessment. I requested that my information be kept by ANMAC in order for them to send this to APHRA. Does anyone know how I ask them to send this for me? I am totally confused!

Thanks, Kath

Others requested ANMAC forwarded them on to APHRA when ANMAC was finished with them for the skills assessment. :biggrin:

Thank you all for your help im also another one trying to do registration and have been so confused with where to send the form as i have not got the job yet. My question is wheres is the best place for applying for jobs, someone said they are agencies that will even help with moving and stuff anyone with an idea please help and i havent looked at the visa side of the story is it difficult or easy

Thank you all for your help im also another one trying to do registration and have been so confused with where to send the form as i have not got the job yet. My question is wheres is the best place for applying for jobs, someone said they are agencies that will even help with moving and stuff anyone with an idea please help and i havent looked at the visa side of the story is it difficult or easy

Hi and welcome to PIO! What sort of nursing do you have experience and qualifications in?

Guest ljs2012

Perth took 4 months to process my registration?? That was me prioritised (allegedly) for having a job. I have heard that Adelaide is processing quicker. You have indemnity through your RCN/unison membership. You will need to join a Union when you get to Oz for ongoing indemnity cover. In the UK private indemnity claims against our professional practice is rare. We should all as professionals protect ourself against any "challenges" to our professional practice. We are covered through our employer "professional indemnity".... In most claims against professional practice the claimant would go for the employer (as they have money). If your empoyer can show that you acted out with their normal working practices, policy or procedures there is nothing to stop an individual pursuing you/us as nurses for a private claim, a private claim could claim, your house, your savings and any other material wealth you have? Unlikely to happen, and this is a worst case senario, but we live in an increasingly litiginous world and our working environment is very unpredictable and we often find ourselves in difficult and challenging environments. Always better to have cover. Im sure I have probably scared you all now.... but I have a wee law degree up my sleeve as well as my nursing and the number of nurse I know who dont have indemnity cover makes me twitch...

Good luck

L

Archived