New Points Test Announced

Farrukh Zeeshan

Wow, glad I got lodged then because I am off the new list !

Had a wee panic there, we're not on the list either but then read it and it says "The SOL determines which occupations are eligible for independent or unsponsored skilled migration."

If you've got SS as long as your still on there SMP there shouldn't be a problem. I hope :eek:

Guest rupani
I was born 09-1978 am I considered to be 32 or 33 ?

Regards

32. You are going to be 33 in sept 2011.

Guest Unha99Y
I was born 09-1978 am I considered to be 32 or 33 ?

Regards

You don't know how old you are? :confused:

Guest SUZY
Wow, glad I got lodged then because I am off the new list !

Same here justin glad we lodged aswell , phew close shave :shocked:

Looking at your post did diac acknowledge your application today so hopefully we wont be long , did you get an email or did you just check the site

susan :wubclub:

or was this just wa saying they had sent it to diac

Same here justin glad we lodged aswell , phew close shave :shocked:

Looking at your post did diac acknowledge your application today so hopefully we wont be long , did you get an email or did you just check the site

susan :wubclub:

or was this just wa saying they had sent it to diac

Urrrmmm 2nd one, email from WA. Don't think I'll see anything from DIAC until CO assignment.

Justin.

Should that read:

New points test for skilled migrants effective 1 July 2011 – 6 June 2011

New points test for skilled migrants effective 1 July 2011 – 6 June 2012

The first one's right.

New points test for skilled migrants effective 1 July 2011

is the title of the news update on the DIAC site

and 6 June 2011 is the date of the news announcement.

Watch it out here:

New points test for skilled migrants effective 1 July 2011 – 6 June 20111

Annual update of Skilled Occupation List effective 1 July 2011 – 6 June 2011

Skilled migrant selection model – 10 May 2011

[/Quote]Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

armandra!

Guest The Resolute

Hi guys,

I'm reading the new points system and something about skilled employment it is not clear to me at all. The paper states:

Applicants will be awarded points based on demonstration of a verifiable skilled employment history undertaken in the last 10 years

But I cannot find any reference to "recent" employment history or a range of years such as 3 years during the last 5 years.:eek:

Does it mean that it could be any time during the last ten years? Or does it mean that it is up to the assessment authority to decide on a case by case basis?

I had a long long day at work and it might tiredness...:SLEEP:

Cheers:biggrin:

Just on this new points test, what is people's opinions on the 5 point category called 'Completion of a Professional Year' which reads 'Five points can also be claimed for those applicants who complete an approved Professional Year in their nominated occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.'

For my occupation (Architect) in the UK, we have to complete a compulsory professional year inbetween our two degrees - this even shows up on my official academic transcript for my second degree as '2003/04 - Professional Training Year for Architects'.

Now I might be missing something, but would you suggest that this counts?

I should say that I'm still waiting on my skills assessment to come back, which I've been told should hopefully come in the next two weeks - under both the new and old points system I pass (125 under current, unbelievably 80 under the new system). I really want to get in it before July, purely to save money as the fees are going up - I would assume that regardless of the points, the priority of my visa processing would not change, and the timeline would effectively be the same?

If I thought for one second it might process faster because of the increased points, I would wait until 1st July!! lol smile.gif

For my occupation (Architect) in the UK, we have to complete a compulsory professional year inbetween our two degrees - this even shows up on my official academic transcript for my second degree as '2003/04 - Professional Training Year for Architects'.

Now I might be missing something, but would you suggest that this counts?

Unfortunately No.

"Professional Year" in the context of DIAC means a very narrow range of programs...there's SMIPA for accounting, and the ACS professional year in IT, and the EEA professional year in engineering.

They are semi-academic programs.

Details here

Archived