printer problems ......

tonyman

IM trying to install a new Epsom nx220 printer to my pc , ive followed all instructions but when i come to try and print i get no response .....should i uninstall it and try again ........ive been at it for 4 hrs and its now doing my head in ....can anyone help......:arghh:

IM trying to install a new Epsom nx220 printer to my pc , ive followed all instructions but when i come to try and print i get no response .....should i uninstall it and try again ........ive been at it for 4 hrs and its now doing my head in ....can anyone help......:arghh:

Did you load the driver on first? Is the driver the correct one for your OS? Delete the driver from your system and download one from Epsons website! http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/category.asp?sCategory=Multi_Functional&id=stylusnx220&SelOS=Y

Install driver before plugging the printer in.

Did you load the driver on first? Is the driver the correct one for your OS? Delete the driver from your system and download one from Epsons website! http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/category.asp?sCategory=Multi_Functional&id=stylusnx220&SelOS=Y

Install driver before plugging the printer in.

i followed the instructions .......untill it said do not plug in usb , but just before that stage it said now plug in usb , so there you go ....

the printer b4 this one was a HP which im trying to delete ,seems the pc doesnt want to....? sorry pal but what is OS..?....im on windows xp .....thanks pal .....shall i delete the printer then re install.

hi TonyMan,

yeah, os stands for operating system, if your on Windows XP, that should be fine.

Just make sure the driver your tryign to install is for windows xp.

You mentioned you had a HP printer before, it could be the drivers for the hp are conflicting with epsons drivers...

Do a clean uninstall of the drivers from hp. To do this, you need to run a level 4 uninstall

have a look at this to see howto uninstall hp drivers....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=bi-53254-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

rammyGirl:

Brilliant!! Simply Brillaint!!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud at work, thus getting everyones attention and my boss realising i'm not actually working... Well worth it though!!!

:biggrin::laugh::laugh:

Guest guest30038

Tony, What WEb Weazel says. If you plugged it into the USB before loading the software, that could be the problem and if so, you'll have to uninstall and start from scratch. Some products need being plugged in first (very few) but most need to be plugged in after software installation.

ok, ive tried again and may have found the prob.....when i have to connect usb after installing the mouse freezes ,this happened twice yesterday too and ive just noticed a small picture of a mouse with a W next to it , does this mean the mouse has to be wireless ...? ..................

Guest Guest 47403

Right go to your start menu then printers and faxes........is your old printer listed?

Guest Guest 47403

Ok right go to your start menu right click my computer click manage then select device manager.........does anything have a yellow exclamation mark against it?

Guest NeilEB

Mouse freezes? I agree with Harrington, sounds like a device conflict.

Is the mouse a usb connector, or a round one (technical term that)?

Mouse freezes? I agree with Harrington, sounds like a device conflict.

Is the mouse a usb connector, or a round one (technical term that)?

its a usb , i think this one along with pc that ive been given is from the uk......

Guest NeilEB
its a usb , i think this one along with pc that ive been given is from the uk......

Ahh that'll be the problem - it isn't compatible with the Australian electricity.

Your best bet is to pack the computer away and leave it well alone - it has the added benefit of stopping you rambling on here :biggrin:

Ahh that'll be the problem - it isn't compatible with the Australian electricity.

Your best bet is to pack the computer away and leave it well alone - it has the added benefit of stopping you rambling on here :biggrin:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:.......me......ramble ......i havent been out walking for years ......:wink:

Guest Guest 47403

Go to your control panel add/remove programs and remove anything to do with the old printer if it was HP you might have all sorts of photo software etc remove the lot also remove anthing the epson has put on there.

Guest NeilEB
Go to your control panel add/remove programs and remove anything to do with the old printer if it was HP you might have all sorts of photo software etc remove the lot also remove anthing the epson has put on there.

Also remove the keyboard - it wont fix the problem, but it will stop you moaning about it on here at least.

Not helping much am I?

Just out of curiosity, can you go to control panel, then system, then click on the hardware tab, and open device manager. see if you have any devices that have a yellow exclamation mark. These will be hardware items that have an issue... that might be a simple starting point to diagnose what the issue is.

Archived