176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Great stuff and welcome aboard !

Have you sent your signed agreement back to WA yet before you crack on with the uploading and dreaded forms 80 and 1221 ? :eek:

Thanks Justin

Yep, agreement was signed, scanned and emailed back to WA as soon as I had our TRN. Hopefully it won't take them too long to confirm it with DIAC :eek:

Have got all our dates out of UK already sorted, my biggest issue is with place of birth of other family members. My mum is deceased and I have a dad, step mum and step brother who I have no contact with. I know they were all born in Scotland but don't know exact locations, would it be enough to put Scotland as their place of birth or am I going to have to fork out for copies of birth certificates for all of them? :arghh:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi I just got my SS & sent my 176 I didn't realise there was a form to send back have I missed something very important? Eeek!! Help!!

Hi Sara, when you got your SS approval letter there should be an agreement on there for you to sign and send back to them after you lodged your 176 with your TRN number on it so that they can confirm your SS with Diac.

Guest SUZY
Hi all,

We're now officially on the June train, got our SS this morning and 176 lodged before brekkie :biggrin: Our deadline was 1st July as we don't have enough points after then and somehow we've made it with 3 weeks to spare! We've had a few setbacks along the way and a fortnight ago thought it was well and truly all over for us but WE ARE HERE!!

Just got the joy of uploading to get on with now...

Wendy :jiggy:

Hi Wendy ,

congrats on lodging your visa phew and with 3 weeks spare :notworthy: you say u have had a few setbacks and thought it was over , is it to personal to ask what were your setbacks and either way you are on your way .

WE had a setback with SA really messed us about but like you on track now so it can only get better good luck and keep us june gang posted !!!!:wubclub:

susan x :biggrin:

Thanks Justin

Yep, agreement was signed, scanned and emailed back to WA as soon as I had our TRN. Hopefully it won't take them too long to confirm it with DIAC :eek:

Have got all our dates out of UK already sorted, my biggest issue is with place of birth of other family members. My mum is deceased and I have a dad, step mum and step brother who I have no contact with. I know they were all born in Scotland but don't know exact locations, would it be enough to put Scotland as their place of birth or am I going to have to fork out for copies of birth certificates for all of them? :arghh:

I'd probably just put Scotland and when you get your CO just drop them a note explaining it all.

Hi Wendy ,

congrats on lodging your visa phew and with 3 weeks spare :notworthy: you say u have had a few setbacks and thought it was over , is it to personal to ask what were your setbacks and either way you are on your way .

WE had a setback with SA really messed us about but like you on track now so it can only get better good luck and keep us june gang posted !!!!:wubclub:

susan x :biggrin:

Hi Susan,

We only decided to do this in Feb (after years of talking about it on and off lol) and discovered the july changes so were always going to be pushed for time to get TRA and SS done before July (SA was our first choice and was taking 8 weeks). Then we were advised that the best chance we had of passing TRA was for hubby to do the AQFIII (he's a chef) as he only had 2 years at college and didn't fit any of the other pathways! So started that after being told it could be done in 4 weeks and we'd still have time - his 1st interview they had technical probs, they rescheduled it but didn't tell us, then he finally did it but ended up waiting another week and a half for his certificate as the person dealing with it ended up off sick! So we lost 3 weeks there which meant SA closed down before we got TRA back so we decided to go for WA. Then TRA came back as cook not chef and only state with cook available was NT with a 60 week wait so we thought it was all over. Then WA annnounced they were accepting cooks again from 1st June, we applied, got SS in a week and here we are today :biggrin:

So it's been a bit of a rollercoaster :biglaugh:

What happened with you and SA?

Wendy x

Hi Sara, when you got your SS approval letter there should be an agreement on there for you to sign and send back to them after you lodged your 176 with your TRN number on it so that they can confirm your SS with Diac.

Thanks everything has gone through to my Boyf just got him to check & it is there - thank god I found this site :-) we' ve sent it now - phew!!

Guest SUZY
Hi Susan,

We only decided to do this in Feb (after years of talking about it on and off lol) and discovered the july changes so were always going to be pushed for time to get TRA and SS done before July (SA was our first choice and was taking 8 weeks). Then we were advised that the best chance we had of passing TRA was for hubby to do the AQFIII (he's a chef) as he only had 2 years at college and didn't fit any of the other pathways! So started that after being told it could be done in 4 weeks and we'd still have time - his 1st interview they had technical probs, they rescheduled it but didn't tell us, then he finally did it but ended up waiting another week and a half for his certificate as the person dealing with it ended up off sick! So we lost 3 weeks there which meant SA closed down before we got TRA back so we decided to go for WA. Then TRA came back as cook not chef and only state with cook available was NT with a 60 week wait so we thought it was all over. Then WA annnounced they were accepting cooks again from 1st June, we applied, got SS in a week and here we are today :biggrin:

Wendy x

HI Wendy ,

Are you on pomz in adelaide aswell just thought i regonised name . well like you we had thought about going to oz about 4 years ago and went to expos and spoke to agents but all said the same thing as my oh was in the ARMY we would have to wait for his last year which is now 2011 so got in touch with agent nov 2010 and talked about and finally decided to go for it in january.

We submiitted tra i will put all dates on the bottom of thread all was going great we were happy with SA as agent said it was going through applications pretty quickly, but to be honest our Original choice was WA BUT WILL COME TO THAT:goofy:.

So put application in to SA all going well until 28/04/11 when i looked on our application and saw telecomm tech had been taken off SMP list boy we were gutted, after waiting all this time and with the July 1st date looming arrrr.

So to be honest thought it was over spoke to agent and she still thought our application had gone through so after a painful 12 days waiting ( had we or not gone through agent rang to say we hadnt made it so felt gutted , those 12 days were bloody long :arghh:.

Anyway we applied to WA and here we are now the same as you , seems ironic but that was the first state we wanted but were all ok now so onwards and upwards.

Sorry for going on abit but i guess things happen for are reason ah

Keep in touch

susan xx :jiggy:

TRA 16th/02/11, TRA DOCS REC 2402/11, TRA yes 31/03/11, SA SS SENT 16/04/11, SA SS ACCEPTED 20/04/11, TEL TECH TAKEN OFF LIST SA SMP LIST 28/04/11 . 12 days later a big boot !! WA 18/05/11, wa 27/05/11 , 176 visa lodged 27/05/11, police docs sent 01/06/11,

that list is long :twitcy:

HI Wendy ,

Are you on pomz in adelaide aswell just thought i regonised name . well like you we had thought about going to oz about 4 years ago and went to expos and spoke to agents but all said the same thing as my oh was in the ARMY we would have to wait for his last year which is now 2011 so got in touch with agent nov 2010 and talked about and finally decided to go for it in january.

We submiitted tra i will put all dates on the bottom of thread all was going great we were happy with SA as agent said it was going through applications pretty quickly, but to be honest our Original choice was WA BUT WILL COME TO THAT:goofy:.

So put application in to SA all going well until 28/04/11 when i looked on our application and saw telecomm tech had been taken off SMP list boy we were gutted, after waiting all this time and with the July 1st date looming arrrr.

So to be honest thought it was over spoke to agent and she still thought our application had gone through so after a painful 12 days waiting ( had we or not gone through agent rang to say we hadnt made it so felt gutted , those 12 days were bloody long :arghh:.

Anyway we applied to WA and here we are now the same as you , seems ironic but that was the first state we wanted but were all ok now so onwards and upwards.

Sorry for going on abit but i guess things happen for are reason ah

Keep in touch

susan xx :jiggy:

TRA 16th/02/11, TRA DOCS REC 2402/11, TRA yes 31/03/11, SA SS SENT 16/04/11, SA SS ACCEPTED 20/04/11, TEL TECH TAKEN OFF LIST SA SMP LIST 28/04/11 . 12 days later a big boot !! WA 18/05/11, wa 27/05/11 , 176 visa lodged 27/05/11, police docs sent 01/06/11,

that list is long :twitcy:

Oooo Petal? :wink: Were your ears burning? :biglaugh:

As long as we all get there in the end that's all that matters eh? It all just makes us more determined :jiggy:

Wendy x

Hi Linsey and welcome even if technically you are a May lodge !:wink:

Deffo keep in touch as our 3 kids are 8,6 and 2 so very close. We will book Maidenhead at some point soon.

Justin

Hi Justin. Thanks for reply. Yeah I Wil defo keep in touch u guys hav keep me sane in the last few wks. Thanks so much for the info. Our app at Maidenhead is 30th June. Jus want it out of the way so I'm know we r al fit and healthy etc etc...,,

The wait begins..........

Take it easy and best of luck xx

Guest SUZY
Oooo Petal? :wink: Were your ears burning? :biglaugh:

As long as we all get there in the end that's all that matters eh? It all just makes us more determined :jiggy:

Wendy x

yoooo got me Wendy i knew you were on there , like you say we will all get there i just want our medical over and done with now 29th june at Birmingham :wacko:

Just a little worried as ive been to quaks with pain in my chest and also pain in my back not sure if its stress but i did have a bad viral infection in January and to be honest never really recovered from it wendy .. So now im a little anxious and worried i spoke to one of my clients who works for a chiropractor and they do x rays there going to see him tom if he will consider doing some x rays for me , to stop me worrying . MY docs seem to think i will be ok but it will make me feel better if that makes sense :huh:

from a person who has never worried about anything to becoming a stresshead :arghh:

susan xxx

Guest SUZY
Hi Justin. Thanks for reply. Yeah I Wil defo keep in touch u guys hav keep me sane in the last few wks. Thanks so much for the info. Our app at Maidenhead is 30th June. Jus want it out of the way so I'm know we r al fit and healthy etc etc...,,

The wait begins..........

Take it easy and best of luck xx

good luck linsey ,

we have ours on the 29th at Birmingham

susan x :jiggy:

Hi Susan,

Wendy x

Hi Wendy and Bungeeman - Nice to see some other chef's on here, (my OH is a chef )

Wendy - your story sounds familiar as we were in the same boat regarding timescales and really thought it was all over at one point! So glad we've been able to lodge our app even though we won't be in a position to make the final move for a few years.

Good luck to all 'Juners'!

Has anyone got any idea what the wait is for a case officer for us June people?

the standard email response from aspc.processing@immi.gov.au has an update from 8th June which says category 2s are still being allocated CO's in 2 weeks! thats once they have received your 1100 from your sponsor state (if your a 176) see the thread below you can see what the whole emails says :

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113226-no-update-aspc-processing-immi-gov-au.html

:wink:

the standard email response from aspc.processing@immi.gov.au has an update from 8th June which says category 2s are still being allocated CO's in 2 weeks! thats once they have received your 1100 from your sponsor state (if your a 176) see the thread below you can see what the whole emails says :

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113226-no-update-aspc-processing-immi-gov-au.html

:wink:

I could get mine in less than 2 weeks then :jiggy:

Just wondering if those that haven't already done it can create a timeline as their signature via the "User CP" button at the top.

Just makes it easier to see what's happened to who and when.

Guest waltzing maltida

Hi All

We are heading NOR hopefully Mullaloo/Ocean Reef area next Feb fingers crossed....

I am still waiting on an email from WA to confirm SS to DIAC , might send them an email !

Hi All

We are heading NOR hopefully Mullaloo/Ocean Reef area next Feb fingers crossed....

I am still waiting on an email from WA to confirm SS to DIAC , might send them an email !

Wow, nice area hence the pricey properties ! :wideeyed:

Drop an email or wait up tonight and give them a ring !

Hi All

we chased WA by emsil yesterday hoping for a confirmation that 1100 had been sent to the DIAC - but still nothing :arghh:

On a lighter side yesterday was spent looking into cost of living and what child beefit we'd be entiltled to on arrival - v complicated system by the looks! also sent OH's cv to a company explaining our intentions to migrate next year - he got an email overnight saying they want to interviiew him next week!!! whoops :twitcy:

still he was ok with that now just got to practice using skype LOL !!!

come on WA!!!

we chased WA by emsil yesterday hoping for a confirmation that 1100 had been sent to the DIAC - but still nothing :arghh:

On a lighter side yesterday was spent looking into cost of living and what child beefit we'd be entiltled to on arrival - v complicated system by the looks! also sent OH's cv to a company explaining our intentions to migrate next year - he got an email overnight saying they want to interviiew him next week!!! whoops :twitcy:

still he was ok with that now just got to practice using skype LOL !!!

come on WA!!!

You got an interview lined up before you even have your visa - that is fab !:biggrin:

Maybe I should start bashing out a few emails !

How much info did you give about how far you were in the visa process ?

You got an interview lined up before you even have your visa - that is fab !:biggrin:

Maybe I should start bashing out a few emails !

How much info did you give about how far you were in the visa process ?

We'd been given some contacts at the Immigration Day last saturday. So as I was online yesterday I was just having a look at the one website and it mentioned submitting a cv. I just wrote that we had state sponsorship and had lodged the 176 visa application and intended to move in about 12 -18 months time. I mentioned his apprenticeship as he is a Metal Machinist this is what they are looking for in engineers of his type I think. Anyways wasn't expecting anything - the look on his face this morning when he checked his emails was defiantely priceless tho :laugh:

Wow, nice area hence the pricey properties ! :wideeyed:

Drop an email or wait up tonight and give them a ring !

Justin - d WA work saturdays was just thinking about ringing them night but it'll saturaday over there then - won't it ?:confused:

Justin - d WA work saturdays was just thinking about ringing them night but it'll saturaday over there then - won't it ?:confused:

DOH, good point !! Don't know what day of the week it is ! Sunday night it is then !:err:

Archived